Condensated windows

bobinder

Reaction score
Anyone have any quick clear remedies to clear the windscreen of condensation? Every morning I have to sit in the car with the heater on at full blast for 5 minutes before driving off. Does anyone know if there is a non-oil based spray that can be applied so the condensation doesn't build up in the first place?

There are products out there but they're mostly junk. Making sure your windscreen is squaky clean helps it to demist much quicker, also using air con will clear it a lot faster.

Reactions: bobinder
I had the same issue with golf 4. Really annoying. It might help if you level the temperatures outside and inside the car before you lock it. I always switch off climatronic and open one window few hundred yards before home. And of course everything what MA3RC said. Hope it helps.

Reactions: bobinder
I've got a 'Pingi' which is basically a little cloth sack full of silica gel beads. It purports to help keep condensation down by just leaving it in the car.

I'm not convinced that it does much, but it makes a kind of sense I suppose.

CarPro fog fight. Tricky to apply correctly apparently but can't last up to two months once applied and a little goes a long way. Heard nothing but good things, I've yet to use mine

I keep air con all the time and haven't had any issues clearing windscreens. It helps a lot to dry the air out inside the car so there's nothing to condensate (and also keeping it on helps with the health of the system - it's not good for air con systems at all to leave them off for ages at a time).

Reactions: Helifella
CarPro fog fight. Tricky to apply correctly apparently but can't last up to two months once applied and a little goes a long way. Heard nothing but good things, I've yet to use mine
I've used fog fight. It is a pain to apply but works really well.

I've used fog fight. It is a pain to apply but works really well.
Yeah I've heard it's funny to get right, keep meaning to message car pro and get a proper guide on the correct prep and application

Make sure it's spotless and don't use to much 1-2 sprays per side of the windscreen I found best. If it's too thick it's a right pig to buff off. I ended up polishing it off and reapplying.