1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concert versus Audi Sound System

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by geepee, Jan 3, 2014.

1. geepee

geepee New Member

Hi,

Does anybody have experience of the Audi Sound System compared with the Concert on the 8p? Standard against chorus?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. c.grex

c.grex Member

you may be better asking in the 8p forums:unsure:

unless your thinking of 8v sound vs 8p??

4. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

As above, ask in the 8P section.

Chorus has 2 speakers in the front only, Concert upwards has 4 speakers, the back 2 being amplified/active afaik.

5. geepee

geepee New Member

No, I'm interested in the new audio and how it compares to the old. I have the concert on my 8p and am interested in what i need to spec on the new model.

6. Daveotto

Daveotto Well-Known Member
    Audi A3 S-line

I had Concert on my old 8P and Audio upgrade now on my 8V and really are like chalk and cheese

8P Concert = sounds like an Amstrad - loud enough but with no substance
    8V Audi sound system = equivalent to low/mid range home HIFI system (Sony or equivalent) - good enough for me but not B&O std, but would not buy B&O for home

#5 Daveotto, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  7. geepee

geepee New Member

Thanks, just what I was after.

8. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

Have had Concert and Bose in 8P A3's . I thought Concert was poor, Bose was much better. Have heard all 3 in new 8V.. Basic version is really poor, ASS not as good as 8P Bose hence we have ordered B&O which sounds awesome.

9. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Concert came with or without Bose, the Concert/Symphony units with either Bose or not were far to bassy imho, which was very apparent when an RNS-E was fitted in place with a clearer more defined sound, with Bose RNS-E is not bad at all.

8V as already stated base level isn't much to write about, it isn't utterly **** either, I would go with B&O if you an afford it, by most reports its a good system.

10. c_w

c_w Well-Known Member

I've had 3 A3s two with Concert and one with BOSE (I had a BOSE and a Concert car at the same time). For me there is little difference between the two, the BOSE just had a tighter sounding base at low levels but it was often too much so I don't really miss it in my current car with Concert as the bass from the standard sub is plenty even on centre setting.

11. markwiggy

markwiggy Third Gear

Totally agree, had Bose in my last 2 audi's which was very good. Got ASS in my 8v and it's not a patch on the Bose, really sorry I never specced B&O.

Mark

12. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

As I said, in the Audi Q3 I do not rate the Bose system at all. It isn't very clear and has too much bass that is poorly defined. I'm not surprised really as they are a American company founded by a guy who bears that name. Taken from Wikipedia "Discussion of the quality of Bose products can sometimes elicit strong and polarized opinions. There are two major camps: those who see Bose as a maker of high-end equipment, and others who see Bose as a company that uses marketing to make extravagant claims for otherwise ordinary products." I tend to agree with that last statement entirely and I would never consider them for my home at all.