1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concert versus Audi Sound System

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by geepee, Jan 3, 2014.

1. geepee

geepee New Member

[Jan 3, 2014]
    Hi,

Does anybody have experience of the Audi Sound System compared with the Concert on the 8p? Standard against chorus?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. c.grex

c.grex Member

[Jan 3, 2014]
    you may be better asking in the 8p forums:unsure:

unless your thinking of 8v sound vs 8p??
  4. a6_chris

a6_chris Well-Known Member

[Jan 3, 2014]
    As above, ask in the 8P section.

Chorus has 2 speakers in the front only, Concert upwards has 4 speakers, the back 2 being amplified/active afaik.
  5. geepee

geepee New Member

[Jan 3, 2014]
    No, I'm interested in the new audio and how it compares to the old. I have the concert on my 8p and am interested in what i need to spec on the new model.
  6. Daveotto

Daveotto Well-Known Member

[Jan 3, 2014]
    I had Concert on my old 8P and Audio upgrade now on my 8V and really are like chalk and cheese

8P Concert = sounds like an Amstrad - loud enough but with no substance
    8V Audi sound system = equivalent to low/mid range home HIFI system (Sony or equivalent) - good enough for me but not B&O std, but would not buy B&O for home
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  7. geepee

geepee New Member

[Jan 3, 2014]
    Thanks, just what I was after.
  8. PilotAudi

PilotAudi New Member

[Jan 3, 2014]
    Have had Concert and Bose in 8P A3's . I thought Concert was poor, Bose was much better. Have heard all 3 in new 8V.. Basic version is really poor, ASS not as good as 8P Bose hence we have ordered B&O which sounds awesome.
  9. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Jan 7, 2014]
    Concert came with or without Bose, the Concert/Symphony units with either Bose or not were far to bassy imho, which was very apparent when an RNS-E was fitted in place with a clearer more defined sound, with Bose RNS-E is not bad at all.

8V as already stated base level isn't much to write about, it isn't utterly **** either, I would go with B&O if you an afford it, by most reports its a good system.
  10. c_w

c_w Active Member

[Jan 7, 2014]
    I've had 3 A3s two with Concert and one with BOSE (I had a BOSE and a Concert car at the same time). For me there is little difference between the two, the BOSE just had a tighter sounding base at low levels but it was often too much so I don't really miss it in my current car with Concert as the bass from the standard sub is plenty even on centre setting.
  11. markwiggy

markwiggy Third Gear

[Jan 7, 2014]
    Totally agree, had Bose in my last 2 audi's which was very good. Got ASS in my 8v and it's not a patch on the Bose, really sorry I never specced B&O.

Mark
  12. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

[Jan 7, 2014]
    As I said, in the Audi Q3 I do not rate the Bose system at all. It isn't very clear and has too much bass that is poorly defined. I'm not surprised really as they are a American company founded by a guy who bears that name. Taken from Wikipedia "Discussion of the quality of Bose products can sometimes elicit strong and polarized opinions. There are two major camps: those who see Bose as a maker of high-end equipment, and others who see Bose as a company that uses marketing to make extravagant claims for otherwise ordinary products." I tend to agree with that last statement entirely and I would never consider them for my home at all.