1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concert to Symphony

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Zishean, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Zishean

Zishean New Member

Hi guys. I want to change my single din concert to the double din symphony so I can maybe install a screen in the double din slot. How would I go about changing my climate controls and moving them down so the double din will fit. Would I have to buy a whole new unit?

Thanks
  2. HTC

HTC Active Member

The facelift centre consol panel will fit, but you won't be able to fit your climate controls into this new panel as the later climte is smaller and shaped differently.

You've have to make some kind of custom panel, or perhaps cut the new panel to give clearance for the larger controls.

Obviously anything is possible, but it would be fiddly.
  3. Zishean

Zishean New Member

I'm not sure if I follow you. I think I need to get the climate control panel in the pic below. At the moment, mine is located in the space above it because i dont have the double din unit. [​IMG]
  4. HTC

HTC Active Member

My mistake. I didn't realise the later cars had a panel thats in three sections.

Yeah it looks like those panels would fit okay (the dash is the same shape after all).

Those climate controls would fit, but I guees it would depend on whether the plugs on the back fit the older units?
  5. Zishean

Zishean New Member

I'm not sure if it's the case of older or newer units. Mines a facelift model (2001/Y) but has the single din concert unit and the climate control unit is directly below it. The pic above has the double din symphony unit so the climate control fits at the bottom.

I was just wondering how I would go about making the change. Whether I have to buy a whole new climate control unit like the one above or whether I can do something with mine?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
  6. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

I thought the dash or center console was different size and shape on later model A3/S3's, to allow for the double din slot applications like navi screen etc., the storage space beneath the ashtray is definitely smaller on the latter style dashboards.
  7. HTC

HTC Active Member

Yeah, ya could be right there. Does actually look a different size, now you mention it.
  8. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

Zishean, thats a neat install.
    Just saw a Symphony unit go on ebay for £83 !!!