Concert to Concert 2

arS4

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just a quick question, as I can't seem to find what I need in the "search"....

Got a B5 S4 Avant with a Concert 1 stereo (BOSE). Is it possible to direct swap to a Concert 2?

The stereo keeps cutting out and I'm looking at all options (including 3rd party ICE with adapter to the BOSE)

Dan :)

Yes should be straight swap. Make sure the new HU is from a B5 A4/S4 though, as the fascia is ever so slightly different between A4/A3/TT etc
The problem may not necessarily be with the HU, could be wiring or Bose amp

yeh, first thing is to get some Audi keys to get the stereo out. Check the connections, then take it from there really :)

Dan

How does it cut out? Soundwise or HU turning off?
Remember to be very gentle with the keys when releasing the HU as it's easy to bust the metal clips then the thing is stuck in there and you'll need to remove the whole of the front of the HU off to get at them.

arS4 said:
Hi guys,

Just a quick question, as I can't seem to find what I need in the "search"....

Got a B5 S4 Avant with a Concert 1 stereo (BOSE). Is it possible to direct swap to a Concert 2?

The stereo keeps cutting out and I'm looking at all options (including 3rd party ICE with adapter to the BOSE)

Dan :)

I looked into this a while back. You can fit a concert 2, but I believe it must be from an A6 or TT. (B6 A4 wont fit). (There are also issues around the lights not working on non-canbus cars as well as a power down after 1 hour problem. There is a tech article on Audiworld with a work around for this).

Having listened to both I wouldn't say there is a huge difference between the concert 1 & 2. Personally I would stick with concert 1 for the potential hassle involved. If you want to spend some money on an upgrade the consensus seems to be to add a sub (although I have not tried it myself)