Concert to Chorus.

• Thread starter imported_highlander1
  • Start date
I

imported_highlander1

F****d volume on the Concert so I'm getting a Chorus one fitted tomorrow.
Most features work but the lights for the controls don't so hopefully the radio shop will solve this problem.
The Chorus is from a facelift A3 but mine is an original style A3 so there must be some slight differences in the wiring of the iso connector.
I'll let you know how it goes as this could be an alternative to buying over priced Concerts off of ebay. My Chorus was £40 ish from ebay so a bit of a saving.
Cheers,
Deano.

Update.
The audio shop could not find a way of making the stereo lighting work when you turned on the car lights, So back to the drawing board.
See ya,
Deano. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

The facelift gets its lighting signal over can bus, which is not available in your car.

Yep the guy in the shop thought that might be the case.

you can get a canbus emulator, but they are around £100, this will generate speed pulse/gala , illumination, ignition etc on canbus from analogue signals.

Craig

[ QUOTE ]
Update.
The audio shop could not find a way of making the stereo lighting work when you turned on the car lights, So back to the drawing board.
See ya,
Deano. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Have a look on Audiworld, on the tech articles for A4 (B5). A guy there has done a (fairly) simple mod to address the lights issue on a concert 2 into non can bus A4

Cheers for that guys.
I might have to look into the wiring mod a bit more to see if the stereo will power down after 1 hour as the guy pointed out in his speel.
Where can i find the can-bus emulator about as this is another route to go down.
Ta.
Deano.

the canbus emulators can be found on ebay, I bought one recently. They are designed for RNS-E installs into non can bus audi cars, but its simple enough to adapt to a normal ISO radio like the concert system

I'm going to use mine to install and RNS-E into a Toyota van...

Hi there.
I ended up doing the wiring mod to the Chorus but have a new problem, The rear speakers will come on everytime the unit is turned on but the front ones only come on sometimes, You have to keep on turning the unit on /off until the front ones will work. Anyone have any ideas, Could it be as simple as twinning the front speakers up to the back ones?.
Cheers,
Deano.

If you twin them to the rear amp you'll blow it up as it'll be getting a 2ohm load (2 x 4ohm speakers wired in parallel)
You'd be better just fitting a really small amp behind the glovebox and run it off the front pre-outs. Alpine used to do some tiny amps (3501 series IIRC), the size of 2 fag packets. You can pick them up for tuppence on ebay.
You only need 2 x 20w as that is the rating of the HU's internal amp.

Got it sorted. If I turn the ignition on before the radio then all the speakers will come on. It only powers up the back ones when the ignition is off.
Cheers,
Deano.

Will the older Chorus work ok on a 1997 A4? (i.e. pre facelift A3). Thanks