Concert stereo

andyg0141

Reaction score
Hey, i have a Audi Concert tape/radio in my 1999 A3 1.8T sport (dont think it has bose or anything??). The volume control is faulty in that when i adjust it the first time its on itl jump way up or down.

Is there a fix for this? Apart from sending it for repair??

Is there any other standard Audi Radio with a CD player i could fit?? One from a newer A3 for instance? If so has anyone got a part number for one so i can keep an eye open

Cheers

Andy

Well this is the all to common fault on these, no point sending for repair as it costs to much, just ebay for a replacement radio same as present, there are some cd head units about but gotta be sure of correct one, if I have a chance I'll check etka for the part number, but the a4/s4 b5 in same year would also fit I suspect given most items were very similar if not the same, as they changed to canbus soon after this time have to be sure of radio you'll buy

Common fault, check out Stafford Audi on Ebay, they always have them on offer...

IIRC the A4 version has a slightly different front fascia, just to be awkward. Think the TT is the same as the A3 though.

Not that I'd question your knowledge in this field fella, but it was dependent on facelift or not ye, I remember the a5 b5 having same shape as a3 as used one aswell, got any images as its one of those things now that'll bug the hell out of me, lol

It was a while back, someone on here had bought a B5 radio and it didn't match the dash, but as you say it could have been a pre-facelift B5 it came from. The only reason I remember it was that I posted this pic to show the difference (if any):
A4-A3HUsmid.jpg