1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concert Stereo Upgrade

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Ssmithgk, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Ssmithgk

Ssmithgk New Member

Hi All,

I'm new to the site and also a new Audi driver, so i have no clue what to do with upgrading my Concert stereo.

I am looking for help, now i have heard about nigel, so i am hoping he will get in touch and help me..

what i want is Sat Nav & bluetooth, any ideas on a straight swap? is it difficult? can you upgrade to the audi satnav (are they available to buy off the shelf) or do i have to buy a pioneer, alpine etc and make it fit with leads and fascia changes???

PLEEEEASE HEEEELP!! :sos:

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Ssmithgk

Ssmithgk New Member

Sorry forgot to mention my car....:keule:.. its a 2010 A3 sport back 1.6TDI S Line

4. MrLapou

MrLapou Well-Known Member

Search this forum. Plenty talk about this mod.

5. Aldo

Aldo Active Member

Ooooh me too.

My 8P has a concert stereo and something called a cassette player in!

It has CD changer buil in too but what are my options?

6. Ssmithgk

Ssmithgk New Member

I cannot find the answers I need..... Surely somebody is willing to help

7. andyam

andyam Active Member

search RNSE, but you can carry out a conversion from what I have read. I contemplated it. It never went through with it. The unite cost from £500-£1200 sometimes depends if your lucky on the eBay! You have MK1 or MK2, which has the piano black surround and can accept 32gb SD cards.
    The Bluetooth is a separate init which you need to purchase. Never looked into that section myself. You will need VCDS to programme it and also if your stereo is a single din you will need a double din conversion and drop the cup holder and buttons from above your stereo to below the stereo. Have a search retrofit RNSE and you should find something

8. Don23

Don23 New Member

So with a double din cage, does the cup holder/buttons and climate control from a single din fit into the double cage?

9. andyam

andyam Active Member

From what I remember no

10. Don23

Don23 New Member

Thanks for the info

11. Ssmithgk

Ssmithgk New Member

I have the model where the cup holder is under the arm rest..... What is the vcds..? Is it not a case of just plug and play.... Or can you not just get a aftermarket unit for £650 for eg... And do it that way...?

12. andyam

andyam Active Member

My a3 had cup holders under the armrest and also on the dash....you can get a double din after market and will be plug and plus but RNSE isn't aftermarket that's OEM. Regardless if you have a single din and want a double din you need a conversion.

13. Artimus

Artimus Shortback

There's a lot more to installing media in an Audi than your regular Ford or Vauxhall, I don't recommend you do anything until you become a little familiar with Audi systems or you could end up with fubar'd electronics. NHN.. Nigel (amongst others) does retrofits of the RNS-e + BT & just about most other Audi systems too! He's also an official VCDS (VAGcom) reseller. send a p.m. to the link in his name. ;)

14. nezz

nezz Member

Was put off with how many members have their rinse units stolen not worth the hussle for me happy with my tom tom. Good if you park in a garage.

15. Ssmithgk

Ssmithgk New Member

yeh I read that somewhere.... It's a little worrying tbh, however I want a better stereo to hook my iPod upto, at the minute I'm using the AUX port, it's not brilliant if I'm honest.... I have to choose tracks on my iPod rather than the screen..... Then there's the satnav issue... I don't really want a cradle, ruining the look of the sleek interior.... But other than paying £700+ I'm outta options I think..... Plus the mrs ain't too happy with me 'messing' with the car.... Haha women!! :jump: