1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

concert stereo replacement

egesford Oct 7, 2011

1. egesford

egesford Member

i have a 2001 tdi 110 with a concert audio system, im not sure if its the bose one or not, but it has the active speakers.
    Whats the easiest way to fit an aftermarket stereo as is been a right arse ache tryin to find a wiring kit or another solution, cheers

2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Easiest option is to fit a Blaupunkt or Becker unit, as they use the same non standard connectors, so no wiring adapters are needed.
    All Audi's have at least rear active speakers, so you need to check whether you have active fronts, see if there is a brown speaker harness plugged into the HU. If there is then you have non Bose with active rears and if you don't then you have full Bose.
    Other than that then you will need a PC9-410 adapter to allow feeding the pre-outs from the new HU to the Bose or rear amp.
    You will also need an ISO antenna amp adapter and a fascia plate

3. beanoir

beanoir Large Member

I'd quite like a Becker in mine, but they stopped making headunits sometime ago and there is a huge premium on decent second hand ones driven primarily by Porsche owners wanting OEM headunit replacements.

4. Danman1

Danman1 Thorough noob

Egesford, if you do replace your head unit i'd happily buy your old OEM one off you, pm me if your interested.

Dan