1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concert Stereo not turning on. No Power??

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Blackcupraa, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Blackcupraa

Blackcupraa Member

Hi Guys,

Like an idiot I spent most of yesterday trying to remove my standard Concert stereo from the dash of my 1999 S3 (I have ordered the correct keys but they haven't turned up yet).

However after giving up and realising the most hardedned car thief wouldn't be able to remove it I gave up, however, when I went out for a drive, I noticied the stereo wouldn't switch on, no power to the screen, zip, nada.

Is there a possibilty that I have disconnected a ground / earth wire under the stereo while using some cheap flimsy metal (read: chinese imitation aluminium). Or have I blown a fuse?

Whilst trying to remove the stock stereo I did not disconnect the battery (n00b move number two).

Any help appreciated, I only need a temp fix until the proper removal keys turn up and I can fit my replcacement H/U.
  2. NHN

NHN Modmetractor Site Sponsor

Who knows what you've pulled, but just pop into Halfords & ask them to remove or buy some keys.
  3. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

You've probably knackered the spring clips as well by not using the correct keys, so don't be too surprised if it's jammed in there forever!