1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concert radio/cassette speed sensitive volume

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by imported_highlander1, Dec 31, 2004.

1. imported_highlander1

imported_highlander1 Guest

[Dec 31, 2004]
    I have Concert radio/cassette in my A3 and was wondering if the speed sensitive volume should work when I'm driving.
    It has the volume problem that most of them get so would this stop it from working or was it a option that you had to specify when the car was new. I have only had it since Aug 04 and the volume fault has been there since I bought it. It is a 99 year model 1.8T. It has the option to adjust the sensitivity of the SSV in the stereo's menu but still no joy.
    Hope someone can help.
    Cheers,
    Deano.
    Happy Hogmany.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. ajmackie

ajmackie Member

[Jan 1, 2005]
    the volume problem won't affect the gala speed sensitive volume. on audiworld tech articles it tells ya more about gala. i think it puts the volume up at certain speeds, not linearly.
  4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 4, 2005]
    "what's the "volume problem"- question from a noob!"

The Concert head units have a tendancy to just max the volume for no apparent reason, the fault is very common and there doesn't seem to be a fix other than exchange the unit at Audi dealer under warranty (or for about £130 with no warranty), or source one off ebay (but a 2nd hand unit could have the fault or develop it over time).
    Best solution is to take it as a sign from god, that it's time to ditch the £20 worth of tacky components parsing itself off as a stereo and get something that actually works properly