1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

concert radio, bluetooth, ipod question

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Ollie-B, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Ollie-B

Ollie-B Rockin' Shnit

[Apr 7, 2013]
    Is there a part such as these that connect straight to the HU to allow me to use my phone to play music in the car?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 21, 2014]

3. Audi Doodah

Audi Doodah Active Member

[Apr 7, 2013]
    I've got one of these Audi Seat Skoda VW - USB Android iPod Bluetooth kit [Grom-USB-VAG] : Carputer-Shop | iPod Car Kits | Aux Adapters

It connects to the CD changer port on the head unit and pretends to be, well, a CD changer! I have a USB stick plugged into with my entire music collection on it. It has a bluetooth option but it's an extra cost but they do have their own Android Music Player app to integrate with it. A cheaper option is just to run a usb cable or an aux cable from it to your phone or ipod, respectively (via the centre console ashtray perhaps).

There not the cheapest option out there but I managed to find a 2nd had one on ebay so all I needed was the VAG specific lead.
  4. madmike01uk

madmike01uk Member

[Apr 7, 2013]
    I bought a dension gateway lite for mine, works a treat and even charges my iPhone 5 which is a bonus.
  5. Ollie-B

Ollie-B Rockin' Shnit

[Apr 7, 2013]
    Thats quite expenive for what i want. Im after anything like that but cheaper lol doesnt have to be bluetooth just something i can play music through... Cheaply lol
  6. Audi Doodah

[Apr 7, 2013]
    Search "aux in audi" on ebay and there's plenty of cheaper, wired only options. You get what you pay for though!
  7. deano1978

deano1978 different gear

[Apr 7, 2013]
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  8. Audi Doodah

[Apr 7, 2013]
  9. Ollie-B

Ollie-B Rockin' Shnit

[Apr 7, 2013]
    Can anyone point me in the direction of what i need as i dont know what connector im buyin, theres ones for cd changer to phono (which i would drop down to a jack for my phone) or quadlock connectors? Ive no clue
  10. tbs

tbs Member

[Apr 7, 2013]
  11. Ollie-B

Ollie-B Rockin' Shnit

[Apr 7, 2013]
    Thats more like it. how does the aux work on the head unit? As i havnt noticed an aux button?
  12. Audi Doodah

[Apr 7, 2013]
    I reckon a CD changer connection would be best as this feeds the signal through the headunit therefore assuring best sound quality. My guess is that a quadlock is a means to piggy back onto the audio out lines of the head unit and probably wont be matched to you audio player.
  13. tbs

tbs Member

[Apr 7, 2013]
    The unit plugs into the CD changer port with the wiring supplied and its very simple. Then the aux jack plug needs to be fed into your glove pocket or somewhere...i would buy a longer one as the supplied one is quite short. On the HU just press the CD button and anything on the aux line will play. It thinks you have a CD in so shows track 1 all the time.
  14. Ollie-B

Ollie-B Rockin' Shnit

[Apr 7, 2013]
    Sweet nice one