Concert + Phone + ICE>Link

necroeire

Reaction score
I took the ICE>Link from my A3 and installed it in my A4, works perfect. My A4 already had a nokia phone cradle and worked with my phone once I inserted a sleeve into the cradle.

It worked the other day and when I dialled a number or I received a call the CD or iPod would pause or the Radio would change over and the Concert would say Phone on the facia.

My question is when should I insert the phone, before or after I turn on car or turn on the Concert?

Also yesterday evening on my way back to my hotel I got a call and missed it as the sound never came through the Concert but it did the other day.

Anyone know what caused this? I'm suspecting its the order it's switched on, and if so does anyone know the correct order?
Thanks.

I've had something similar happen on my original Nokia carkit, but that was because the phone wasn't seated in the cradle properly. It did get power from the cradle, but the audio and/or mute pins were not making proper contact.

Thanks mate I'll have a look in the morning so fingers crossed it will work this time. Symptoms similar to your alright, power but not no sound.

Anyone know how to turn the volume down on the phone when it's plugged into the HU?
Mine deafens me and doesn't adjust when I turn the HU volume or phone volume.

Thanks,
NE.

The connectors are not making proper contact as synthdood points out, check the pins that control the radio mute function and audio.

For the volume, some car kits are controlled from the phone itself. With my siemens, I control the volume from the volume control on the phone...