1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concert or Symphony on my S3 Order?

Jo Sharp Jul 19, 2008

1. Jo Sharp

Jo Sharp Member

Still have time to amend my order....apart from the built-in CD changer, is there a difference between the Concert and Symphony systems (with Bose)? Particularly interested in sound quality.

2. phantom

phantom On Boost

Not sure on sound quality , but you can play MP3's on the symphony II+

If you have any plans to retro fit the RNS-e at a later date , then save your money and stick with the concert.

p

3. mitch78

mitch78 Active Member

:thumbsup:

4. phantom

phantom On Boost

Hiya Lee , sound quality wise is the RNS-E better than the Symphony? i heard it was a lower line volume?

p

5. mitch78

mitch78 Active Member

:thumbsup:

6. phantom

phantom On Boost

I think it was MarcQuinn , who said it had a lower line volume , i will get one sooner or later, but i think i'll also get the 6cd changer to put in the glovebox, rather than use the smart cards.

Thanks

p

7. PNH80

PNH80 Low life livin' the high life.

I'm never convinced by factory stereo upgrades anyway. For example i've been looking into my new car options (starts with a B and ends in a W)... The factory options are a total rip off. I'm thinking i'll upgrade the speakers myself in time and fit a new head unit for a lot less than the dealers are quoting....And it'll sound better.

8. richs2891

richs2891 I cant spell !

Stndard fit concert 2 plays mps as well, listened in the showroom to a car with the Symphony fitted and could not tell the differance. Interested to see if the RNS-E sound better - Cant seem to get the Concert loud enough for my liking !

Richard

9. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

whatever's cheapest as long as its double din so you can swap for rns with ease.

10. phantom

phantom On Boost

Snap! sometimes i have my Symphony full whack with Bose and it's still only JUST loud enough!

p

11. Jo Sharp

Jo Sharp Member

Thanks for the replies. I'll stick with a Concert as it will play MP3s and might look for an RNS later - where can they be bought for £600?

12. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

fleabay has number of decent sellers & might get cheaper than that mate, I might have one for sale soon, PM me direct then if I do sell I'll email you directly.

N.

13. Irnbrukid

Irnbrukid Member

Unless you are going up to the Logic 7 (which blows the bose away) the you are better getting the standard and upgrading from there. :thumbsup:

14. S3 Big Andy

S3 Big Andy Stealth Beast Baby Yay

Who cares, wind the window down and listen to that baby purr!!!!