Concert HU + 6 Disc Changer - Getting Aux In

thejoose

Reaction score
Hey guys
new fourm member here, I just got a 07 Plate A3 - It has the Concert HU with a 6 disc changer in the glove box, however I have no aux in.

What will be the easiest way to add aux in?

Its a company car so i need to be able to return it to standard but i dont mind losing the changer for an aux in.

can i get an aux in adaptor that will take the place of the cd changer in the back of the hu?

If so which would people recommend?

I was looking at this

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]MP3 Adaptor[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Audi A3 2003 >[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Audi A4 2005 >[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Audi A6 2004 >[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Concert or Symphony on Quadlock connections, not with MMI.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Important, please ensure black wire on interface is earthed before you connect the rest of the interface. [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica] [/FONT]​
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]CTVVGX004 [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]This MP3 connector lead can be used to plug your MP3 into your car audio system via the CD changer port giving excellent sound quality. Compatible with most MP3 models that have 3.5mm Head phone socket.[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

cheers

getting an aux out would be even better actually

If so check your wiring. Does it have this pinout config? If you look top right you can see Aux-L, Aux-R and Aux-Earth.

ConcertIIpinout.jpg

If so you'll need a couple of repair wires and either an old 3.5mm headphone lead or a posh Aux in connector. A quick bit of wiring into the quadlock and a vagcom recode and away you go....

If so check your wiring. Does it have this pinout config? If you look top right you can see Aux-L, Aux-R and Aux-Earth.

ConcertIIpinout.jpg

If so you'll need a couple of repair wires and either an old 3.5mm headphone lead or a posh Aux in connector. A quick bit of wiring into the quadlock and a vagcom recode and away you go....

I've been looking for this for so long. Wiring is easy, my car already has an aux input lead (its just not connected to anything behind the radio) so a couple of jumper cables and ill be all good.....

but:
Are there any other pins that need shorting in order to enable this, I've seen some cars that have a similar deal?

The VAG-COM recode: I'm at a loss. Does this require and Audi dealer or can this be done by me?