1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concert 1 1997 a4

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by JSWD32, Jan 21, 2008.

1. JSWD32

JSWD32 Member

I have recently bought an a4 1.9tdi 110 97 plate quattro, it is fitted with a concert 1 head unit and an audi 6 cd changer in the boot. The cd changer has power, but i cannot make a connection to the head unit, I have no idea where to start because i wasn't provided with the headunit manual. Is anyone able to shead any light on my cd playback problem? what button is supposed to switch the cd changer on from the radio?
    thanks for any help
    Dom
  2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Press "mode"
  3. JSWD32

JSWD32 Member

Thanks andy tried that and nothing..so it must be faulty... do you know if you can retrofit a newer audi headunit into the same space? I know the newer ones use Canbus and wondered if it was the same as on earlier models?

thanks
  4. Nessy

Nessy VW + Audi mad

Do you have power to the head unit at all? If you dont then it may be nothing more than an unplugged connector at the back of the unit.....
    It may be worth getting a set of the VAG radio removal tools to allow you to extract the Concert 1 from the dash, they are only £4-5 off Ebay........
    If you do have power at the head unit then the next thing I'd check is whether the lead going from the CD changer to the head unit is connected properly......
    I think others have fitted a later Concert stereo into an earlier car but its a lot of work as these cars weren't Canbus; if you need a new Concert 1 Stafford Audi on Ebay are currently offering factory refurbed units for £99.