1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer shows a warning about Brakes

cbowditch Apr 6, 2012

1. cbowditch

cbowditch New Member

My computer shows a warning about brakes and the red light comes on in the speedo. I thought this might mean brake fluid low but its at the correct level, pads are almost new as well. Does anyone have any other ideas what this could mean?

2. Lewbo

Lewbo Well-Known Member

Just top it up a little and should go off this happened to my mate te other week and light went off

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Pic?

4. Minstadave

Minstadave Member

The pad wire is easily damaged and can give a pad low warning when they're fine.

5. Ironborn

Ironborn English...not so good

When I first bought my car, I got the warning "Left rear brake light" I thought it meant the brake pads were light, almost worn out lol. It was actually the brake light that was out. Embarrassed myself at the garage.

6. cbowditch

cbowditch New Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I topped up and all was fine for about 30 miles. After which it returned along with dreaded Yellow traction control light, which I understand means the ABS Pump has failed :-(

7. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Get it scanned as could be a number of issues that we're speculating about, also if you ask for help & in return people ask you for more info, unless you provide that info, namely pics as some people get the warnings wrong, then how are the said people offering help supposed to do so, so show us the icons that are showing in your dis or lamps.