1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compression Ratios

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Markey, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Markey

Markey Active Member

[Nov 22, 2004]
    Im a novice when it comes to this subject im looking at the below, and have no idea what the compression raitos mean and what i can expect with each application.

JE Forged Piston Set - 1.8T 5V - 9.0:1CR
    JE Forged Piston Set - 1.8T 5V - 9.2:1CR
    JE Forged Piston Set - 1.8T 5V - 9.5:1CR

Please Help, need to know what im talking about so i can compare them with others, and choose the ones i want.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. Markey

Markey Active Member

[Nov 23, 2004]
    Is that right as im just getting some prices of the web and the 9.0:1s are cheaper than the others and i thought they would have been more expensive being the better performers.
    How strange
  4. imported_ZeroK66

imported_ZeroK66 Guest

[Nov 23, 2004]
    Just cause they are lower comp doesn't mean they are stronger...

You have to make sure you get a set of forged ones... and then clarify which are the "strongest".

I know Jabbasport offer the 8:1 pistons that are nearly 1900cc... they are JE pistons.
  5. Markey

Markey Active Member

[Nov 23, 2004]
    Think im just going to stick with the S3 pistons and conrods for now then i can probably get them cheaper.
  6. Danielson

Danielson Member

[Nov 23, 2004]
    do you need to rebuld, or u just power hungry. i wana see some pics of your intercooler, as i think i will have to do the same soon, i also av headlight wash, i wana c yours so get some pics up buddy.
  7. Markey

Markey Active Member

[Nov 23, 2004]
    Im am a crazy power hungry person. Im thinking S3 pistons with bigger injectors and some lightened components will take me to near 280BHP and then ill be happy for a while.
    I like to have the same amount ot power under my foot as most women have under their thumbs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ill see what i can do for you tomorrow i need to get someone where set up to host the pics. Ill see if i can get some detailed ones for as it is not on the car at the moment as i had to take it off to have some warrenty work done. Naughty Me!!!
  8. imported_ZeroK66

imported_ZeroK66 Guest

[Nov 24, 2004]
    I ran the S3 motor (210BHP) with an IHI turbo w/ std S3 injectors and the car ran 340BHP... the injectors could not take anymore. 380 would have been possible with larger injectors & higher pressure fuel pump... but 380 would have been con-rod breaking territory so didnt bother.