1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compatible door parts from b7 to b6??

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Dan TheMan Welburn, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Dan TheMan Welburn

Dan TheMan Welburn Member

[Jun 26, 2012]
    Hi all im undertaking the task of retrofittin rear electric windows and have the oppurtunity to get 2 complete b7 doors, im wondering if i can strip them out ie take out the internals and fit them into my b6 doors? or are the fittings different? atm i have manual rears,
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Jul 4, 2012]
    Should be a straight swap the glass and frame will come out in one piece I would be interested to see how you wire it all up.
  4. Dan TheMan Welburn

[Jul 6, 2012]
    The plan is to find one breaking thats stripped back, and take the full harnesses for the rear windows.... ill keep you posted, im in the middle of a dash swap at the minute which is a pain in the neck
  5. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

[Jul 6, 2012]
    from my understanding;

you can just install the motors and the switch's Front and back, if i remember right the wire loom is the same, but you may need to re program the comfort control module,
  6. Dan TheMan Welburn

[Jul 6, 2012]
    I May strip me rears down this weekend and have a look thanks
  7. choimaloy

choimaloy Member

[Jul 14, 2012]
    How are you getting on with this,I've just got some new door cards with electric rears so thinking of doing this.so is it true that I would only need rear motors for them to work.
  8. Dan TheMan Welburn

[Jul 18, 2012]
    I still havnt got round to stripping mine down, lack of a garage and bad weather, was hoping someone would beat me to it save me a little stress and maybe give me a idea of how to sort them :)
  9. choimaloy

choimaloy Member

[Jul 19, 2012]
    Hopefully it will be an ok job to do,I'm looking into the different motor part number situation as some motor numbers end in 802 and different have various letters after them.like I aid before I don't think you would have to change window frames just door cards and motors and that's it.
  10. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

[Jul 19, 2012]
    The front door regulators (motors) are distinguished left and right by 801 and 802 so that denotes which side. Now, also, I *think* the rear and front regulators are the same part number just different letters. So 8E2 959 801 and 8E2 959 802 is passengar side / driver side respectively. So there is your difference 801 / 802.

I know suffixes B and E and fronts - i will check the full part number for rears later for you....

Chas
  11. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

[Jul 19, 2012]
    OK, the rear window regulators are 8E0 959 801E and 802E. 8E0 denotes LHD or RHD - obviously this is only relevant for the front as the doors are different - in the back it doesn't matter.

I think looking at ETKA there is only wiring loom which has the connections for the rear electric motors but not sure unless you remove your door card....

Finally the regulators are different for electric windows - 8E0 839 461C without motor and 8E0 839 462C with motor.

Chas
  12. choimaloy

choimaloy Member

[Jul 20, 2012]
    Thanks mate so in your thinking is just a case of putting the motor in place of the hande as I've seen window regulator for manual wind and electric and they look the same just one has the motor and the other has hand wind.
  13. chasdrury

chasdrury Member

[Jul 20, 2012]
    I think you'll need the regulator (the bit that pushes the window up and down) and the motor that attaches where the winder is now.

Also, maybe a wiring loom since i'm not sure if the connections are on there for the switches or not.....
  14. choimaloy

choimaloy Member

[Jul 20, 2012]
    The connections are on the window switches that plug into the motors.
  15. Dan TheMan Welburn

[Jul 23, 2012]
    right ive swapped all my doorcards today, and the loom is certainly different in the rears, the ones with manuals dont come with the plug for the switch, luckily one of my new doorcards did but one didnt, i got a couple of pics of the inside of each doorcard, all ive done atm till i source motors, and regulators, is disconnect winders and put cards on, if its solely down the regulators motors and two little looms this is a well worthwhile retrofiit,

Ohh and just to add i swapped a fronts only switch to fronts and rears, and front switches still work perfectly,

Is it right what ive been told that it would need activating in the ccm for the rears to work?
  16. choimaloy

choimaloy Member

[Jul 23, 2012]
    So you don't think the handle winder can be exchanged for a motor and work if you have the door card plugged into the motor.
  17. Dan TheMan Welburn

[Jul 23, 2012]
    From what ive been told off a few people the regulators are different, but the motors should bolt into where the winder mechanism was, or at least i think they do, im buying complete frame with glass/motor and regulator to save hassle, but ive also read (unsure how true this is) but the wiring in the b pillar needs adjusting? :S
  18. scottshere

scottshere Member

[Jul 24, 2012]
    Interested to see the results from this little project
    hopefully it isnt a major headache