1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Company Car with Re-Map

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Tommylikeschees, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Tommylikeschees

Tommylikeschees New Member

[Oct 15, 2009]
    Hi All,

Ok, so this is my first post, i've been browsing the forum for quite some months, but today I decided to join up, and I have a question to ask.

My car, is a company vehicle as a perk (albeit paid for by me) rather than a car i'm expected to use everyday to get to work. So it's leased to me through my company, and self insured by the bank i work for.

I've been reading up on the Revo re-mapping and would like to have mine done, although i'm not sure whether I should or not. I wondered if anybody else here has been in a similar position and had any advice to offer? i.e. how detectable is it in the event of an accident, when it goes for a service etc?

Cheers!!

Tom
  2. S.

S. Well-Known Member

[Oct 15, 2009]
    you can get revo select plus device, and it can be returned to stock anytime you want (service, warranty work). visit revo website for more info. :beerchug:
  3. Tommylikeschees

Tommylikeschees New Member

[Oct 15, 2009]
    Thanks S.!

Ok so that sorts the Warranty and servicing issues out I guess.

I suppose the big issue, which is (touch wood doesn't happen!) if the car was involved in a very bad accident rendering it un-drivable and taken away and then inspected by insurance co / lease company and found to be re-mapped, is that possible?

Having said all this, there is nowhere in any of my paperwork at all that mentions modifications of any type being allowed or otherwise, but if I was to call them and ask, I bet I would know the answer already!
  4. mikep

mikep Member

[Oct 15, 2009]
    Modifications should be declared to your insurance company or your insurance cover could be void IF they found the car was remapped. Standard diagnostics will not detect a Revo remap, but if an insurance company wanted a detailed dump of the ecu they would be able to find the remap code. However this is very unusual. My insurance company know about my remaps and I pay an additional premium, but Audi don't need to know (and most dealers don't really care). I work in the Insurance industry and have never come across a claim where an ecu was checked at the code level, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

Hope this helps.
  5. beanoir

beanoir Large Member

[Oct 17, 2009]
    I reckon you should go for it! I wish I had a company S3!!

Nice colour by the way, can't wait for mine to turn up!!