1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Common Fault?

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by doeboy, May 12, 2006.

1. doeboy

doeboy Member

[May 12, 2006]
    Passenger side mirror is not heating but will stil move, anyone else had this problem? is it common?

Secondly, i'm finding 3/4 cm "spots" of liquid on my drive from under my car, 4 spots in the last day or two.
    They're passenger side near the rear of the engine bay. I wondered if it was exhaust related. Seems like water but i can't tell, if anything a slighly oily texture but then that may be contamenant.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

[May 12, 2006]
    faulty heater element or detached wiring.
    leaks are the air con condensor. no drama
  4. mac1403

mac1403 Member

[May 12, 2006]
    Weather has been warm recently so may be from your aircon. When I stop I geta puddle under the car. No idea about the mirror though.....all I can say is I haven't had a problem with mine
  5. imported_VaulterTim

imported_VaulterTim Guest

[May 12, 2006]
    The mirror will more than likely be a burned out heating element... and yes, it is common for these to go, especially on older cars. I think the glass is roughly £30+ from Audi. I would try www.vagparts.com or a breakers... or ebay, usual places before going to your Stealer...

The spots under the car could be a few things... most likely, as already mentioned, is condensation from the air con... I remember the first time I saw it under mine, I went nuts!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
  6. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[May 12, 2006]
    Yup! All of us have experienced the puddle of doom with our first air-conditioned car before a kind soul put us out of our ignorance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  7. Beerzo

Beerzo Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

[May 12, 2006]
    I got my wing mirror for 19 from Eurocarparts
  8. doeboy

doeboy Member

[May 12, 2006]
    Thanks for your imput guys. The Mirrors no big issue, i just have pride in this car and want all the niggles put right.

I take it the heating eliment is part of the mirror unit itself then?
  9. madvw

madvw Active Member

[May 12, 2006]
    you replace the entire mirror glass, it has a wiring connector on it, and the element is internal to the glass.

make sure you get the same one as on the other side, as some had the blue looking anti-dazzle mirror glass, some didn't.
  10. doeboy

doeboy Member

[May 13, 2006]
    What do you think about these?

Hidden feedback although seeks ok, I assume they're new and ready to install. Asked the seller as much.