1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming home lights

pbarlow0032 Nov 20, 2012

1. pbarlow0032

pbarlow0032 Member

Hi all,
    did a search, but can only find info on this for B7. I'm wondering if its possible for the foglights to come on when I unlock car and remove key from ignition for say 60 seconds?
    I have an 03 cab.
    i'm not bothered that it will activate during daylight (not a problem!). Can it be done cheaply/easily as I used to have this on my B8, and didn't realise how useful it was until I no longer had it!

Thanks for any info

2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

From memory, I think you need the windscreen with built in sensor for autolights/wipers for this to work.

3. pbarlow0032

pbarlow0032 Member

I aren't bothered about auto lights, or whether it comes on only in the dark. All I want is every time I unlock the car, my foglights come on for 60 seconds. Similarly, everytime I stop the car and take my key out of the ignition, the fog lights come on for 60 seconds.
    I wouldn't have thought a light sensor was needed for this as it isn't dependent on light?
    There is a bit of mention about this on the B7 forum, and I took the implication that it was easier on a B6 than a B7 to do this?
    Any ideas?

4. Andi25th

Andi25th Member

You need a specific Central electrics module to be able code it in/switch it on.

I was wanting mine to do the same but ive not got the rite unit.

5. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

You want the lights to come on in the day too?

6. pbarlow0032

pbarlow0032 Member

Not bothered if the lights come on in the day too! I live up north so it's dark for 6 months of the year anyway!