Coming Home Lights Question ?

J.R.

"Started From The Bottom"
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I Currently have Coming home and Rear View Mirror dimming on my Car....I was wondering if there was any coding to have the Fog lights come on instead of the Main Lights ?

my comeing home lights use the fog lights
not the main lights but mines a a4

the 8P3s use the fogs as well i believe. i don't think it's possible without a new CE module, but i may be wrong.

why do you want this anyhow? does it REALLY matter lol

the 8P3s use the fogs as well i believe. i don't think it's possible without a new CE module, but i may be wrong.

why do you want this anyhow? does it REALLY matter lol

The Fogs would be better .....look wise...lol

The Fogs would be better .....look wise...lol

if you say so lol. i'm perfectly happy with my CH/LH activating the headlamps, tho a lot of ppl end up telling me i've left my lights on as i walk away lol

is it hard to fit the button for this function, noticed a car fitted with autolights had a button to enable coming home lights below the light switch.

So................Does anybody know how to code the Fog lights ? Why do I have a feeling it's not possible !!!:(

another question on coming home function. How easy it is to retrofit the function to a 07 A3? Are there any parts required or is it purely a coding job?

another question on coming home function. How easy it is to retrofit the function to a 07 A3? Are there any parts required or is it purely a coding job?

it's purely a coding job.

cars with auto lights/wipers will only do it when it's dark (which i think is quite cool). if you don't have those then the coding does it every time the car is locked/unlocked.

sorry i'd misread your post. i don't think you can have a button unless you have auto lights/wipers.

Im gonna be looking into the Auto wipes/lights.... if it aint too expensive

sorry to hijack the thread DIGZZ ;)

Im gonna be looking into the Auto wipes/lights.... if it aint too expensive

sorry to hijack the thread DIGZZ ;)

It's Fine....:happy: Where are the Real modders Out Here ???e.g. NHN ????? it's a Simple Question & I need a Simple Answer !! DAME!!! :sadlike:

So................Does anybody know how to code the Fog lights ? Why do I have a feeling it's not possible !!!:(

I will answer your question and the answer is no. I tried to get it done on my 07 car and it requires the newer (facelift onwards) central electronics module. Our MY10 has the fog lights enabled on the coming home lights and they fade on and off too.

I will answer your question and the answer is no. I tried to get it done on my 07 car and it requires the newer (facelift onwards) central electronics module. Our MY10 has the fog lights enabled on the coming home lights and they fade on and off too.

is it the K module ? I'm changing my module in the next couple of weeks.....or so...

I use to have this feature on my previous SE and liked it with spending lots of time fishing after dark in the middle of no where,, My 2010 sline does not have rain/light sensor but are you saying coming/leaving home can still be activated without these fitted now ??????????

Also interested in coming home / leaving lights. I don't have auto lights and was told by the local dealer It wasn't possible without auto lights. If it's a case of coding I'll be very interested and seeing as I don't hVe Vagcom willing to pay a small fee to someone to code it for me :)

i would also be interested in the coming home headlights if its just the coding but i was told previously you needed a repair wire also for it to be done if you dont have auto lights, also is the beep when locking and unlocking the car just done by coding?

Again local dealer gave me some stupid story about the alarm beep that the no longer are allowed to code that due to noise pollution level. I could stop laughing when they said that. There is no way that is true. If this is also coding my payment has Just gone up to the lucky coder who lives near London Birmingham or south east :)

Again local dealer gave me some stupid story about the alarm beep that the no longer are allowed to code that due to noise pollution level. I could stop laughing when they said that. There is no way that is true. If this is also coding my payment has Just gone up to the lucky coder who lives near London Birmingham or south east :)

This is true. UK spec cars are not allowed to have audible alarm signals for setting and disarming which is why Audi won't code it for you. US spec cars do have this feature though which is why it is codeable....

I use to have this feature on my previous SE and liked it with spending lots of time fishing after dark in the middle of no where,, My 2010 sline does not have rain/light sensor but are you saying coming/leaving home can still be activated without these fitted now ??????????

It can be coded but without the light sensor, the lights will come on when unlocked day or night, where as with the light sensor the lights will only come on at night whren dark...

CH/LH on the 8P's upto MY09/10 were always headlights, afterwards it changed to fogs on new CE as mentioned, even though there was a coding option in vcds on older cars CE boards, it wouldnt work, which personally peed me of as my S4 had fogs & they were allot better on the B6/7, xenons can burn the battery down quickly which is why the feature is limited to max 30 seconds although can be set less, of which I use 10 as thats plenty tbh.

The new CE is a completely different part altogether as its a combo of 2 modules now, conv & CE & to fit would need a complete rewire of approx 150 wires, I have started to make up my wire swap spreadshet, so I can get another mod finished, so hopefully it will also give me this option aswell, IMHO you really dont want to do this mod as its a bitch to match pin to pin, but I'm a glutton for pain :)

CH/LH on the 8P's upto MY09/10 were always headlights, afterwards it changed to fogs on new CE as mentioned, even though there was a coding option in vcds on older cars CE boards, it wouldnt work, which personally peed me of as my S4 had fogs & they were allot better on the B6/7, xenons can burn the battery down quickly which is why the feature is limited to max 30 seconds although can be set less, of which I use 10 as thats plenty tbh.

The new CE is a completely different part altogether as its a combo of 2 modules now, conv & CE & to fit would need a complete rewire of approx 150 wires, I have started to make up my wire swap spreadshet, so I can get another mod finished, so hopefully it will also give me this option aswell, IMHO you really dont want to do this mod as its a bitch to match pin to pin, but I'm a glutton for pain :)

Well I'm doing the 2010 front end conversion .....So When My Module get's changed I should hopefully have this function.:eyebrows:

Well I'm doing the 2010 front end conversion .....So When My Module get's changed I should hopefully have this function.:eyebrows:

They wont change that module for your conversion, I guarantee it, as the older verions K/P work with facelift lights & I dont know any conversion thats ever swapped to the new integrated CE purely because 1st not needed as everything can work on older & 2nd it is to much of a job for most of these people to take on.

This was officially my first VCDS task as i received my cable from Nigel this morning - cheers Nigel ;)

changed the settings as per the thread and set at 10 seconds as per recommendation.... gladly no repair wire needed

top notch!!!

Now show me your undying love on the VCDS Supplier thread :p

Your lucky for 2 reasons:

1: Didnt have a curry last night
2: Cleaned it earlier

how is that lucky? ordering one in later on...... could have saved me even more mullar!!

Well could of licked it after a curry & without cleaning lmfao

Yeah good call, glad sweetcorn isn't a regular ingredient in your average madras!! Nothing worse than a dirty kernel :)

Update, my drls no longer operate on their own when switched for drls only - main beam now comes on, will have to wipe the coding tomorrow to see if that sorts it :(

so how do i know if i will need the extra wire, some people seem to be able to do it without the wire and some say you need it?:think:

Just give it a bash mate with vagcom

I might still need it as my drls won't work on their ownany more

cancel that!! i've gone back in a deactivated the 'leaving home lights' which seem to have an additional function associated - coming home lights now work and my DRL's work as they should (without the main beam)

joyful times!!