Coming home and leaving lights!!!

JD007F

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a 2011 Audi a3 black edition but I was wondering what it take to get coming home lights and leaving lights and what does theses involve and do etc!!

Cheers.

PM user NHN (nigel)

Reactions: NHN
+1 nhn (nigel) will do a first class job, and he travels all over. :) x

Reactions: NHN
I've got a 2010 Black Edition without Auto Lights and it was just a case of ticking a box in VCDS.
You can only get the Coming Home lights like this though. When it's activated you get an extra menu in the DIS for setting the amount of time they stay on for.

To operate them you quickly flick the indicated stalk as if you were going to flash your lights when you turn off the ignition. Then when you open the door the front and rear sidelights and the front foglights come on. They stay on for the time you've set in the DIS.

If you've got Auto Lights then I think the process will be different, but Nigel will know more. With Auto Lights you don't have to pull the flasher stalk, but they only operate when it's dark.

Leaving home lights woud be nice, as these come on when you unlock the car. I activated these using the wire mod on my 2007 A3, but the same method doesn't work on the newer models :(

Cheers guys I have pm nhn about quit a bit already don't like to keep asking questions to him lol. As I'm just find out info and prices and then weighing up which ones to do first as I didn't realise some mods on audis are expensive lol like I wanted front and rear parking sensor plus system but that's like £1500 and folding wing mirrors that's another £1k+ lol so I'm trying to find the small mods to do first haha. But if that is all it needs is the vcds that's awesome lol.

Cheers guys

JD007F - There are a few little mods you can do. I'm not sure what you've already got/looked into, but here are a few ideas that I've done to mine:

Cruise Control
LED interior lights (see TRUPS)
Fog lights activated to work as cornering lights (not sure how useful, I'll let you know in the winter)
Hill Hold Assist activated
Tyre Pressure monitoring (Nigel can probably activate yours on the DIS if you don't already have it)

JD007F - There are a few little mods you can do. I'm not sure what you've already got/looked into, but here are a few ideas that I've done to mine:

Cruise Control
Fog lights activated to work as cornering lights (not sure how useful, I'll let you know in the winter)
Tyre Pressure monitoring (Nigel can probably activate yours on the DIS if you don't already have it)

Cheers dan!

Led interior lights I've spoken to trups and they are being done in a month or so as I'm getting reg plate lights is well!
Fog lights to activated as Corning lights I like the sound of that as my old car had forward adaptive lighting!
Cruise control I'm saving for!
Hill hold assist I think I have that as I have dsg is that right?
Tyre pressure monitoring what do that do may I ask?

Thanks james

the TPMS lets you know if you have a flator low on air .

can these be done through vcds?

Hill hold assist I think I have that as I have dsg is that right?

This isn't a standard feature with DSG it's a factory option although it seems you can add it later with newer models. I don't think the same applies to my pre face lift 2006 model (can anyone confirm that) If it could be that's another thing I'm adding to the list!

This isn't a standard feature with DSG it's a factory option although it seems you can add it later with newer models. I don't think the same applies to my pre face lift 2006 model (can anyone confirm that) If it could be that's another thing I'm adding to the list!

Oh rite I see, as mine holds me stil for a few seconds if I realise of the brake and then I can wait a few seconds then out my foot of the throttle is that hill assistants then?

Also guys what do I need to get for tpms?

Cheers

Mines a 2005 and I'm also very interested in having this done to mine! But think mine involves the repair wire and some earthing as well as the Vag-com coding.

The hill hold on my manual car is quite obvious as you take your foot off the brake and it holds still for 3 seconds and then the brakes just release. If during this time you go back on the brakes, the pedal is rock hard and has little movement in it.
I know a lot of automatics have a creep to them so they all seem to work as hill hold. I'm not sure about the DSG, but they're clever things, so you may already have it turn on by default.
If you stop on a hill and take your foot off the brakes and it holds for a few seconds and then releases and rolls back then I'd say that sounds like my HHA.

One thing I did do with mine was turn down the sensitivity. When I was parked on my cliff face of a drive and used the HHA, I'd have to give it quite a bit of stick before it'd release. I was worried about doing this daily and wearing out the clutch prematurely. I turned the sensitivity down to low and now it releases with much less clutch or throttle needed.

Depending on what controller module you have you may not need anything extra for Tyre Pressure Monitoring.
It can get turned on by coding and then the option to reset the system so it can relearn the values can be activated in your DIS.
The system uses the ABS to measure the wheel radius' and then it knows if one tyre is low on air, which is why it doesn't need anything else fitted. It takes a few miles at various speeds to learn the measurements.

You're right Beagles, pre-facelift cars require a new switch in the dash and also some wiring for it, which runs to the ABS module thing.

Cheers dan!! I deffo have the hold on hill assists as my brake goes rock hard like u say! It's a handy option I think!

On the tpms that's cool then so if its that's easy when I have cruise fitted by nhn at some stage he will be able to do that without any harm really! Would you say!

Cheers

Hopefully someone will come along soon and put us straight as it would be a cracking option if it doesn't take alot to do!!

The module for roughly 2010 onwards should be able to be activated through coding alone. There isn't a position for the switch on later models, which is why it's done through the DIS.

NHN knows best, and I'm sure he'll be able to activate it.

The module for roughly 2010 onwards should be able to be activated through coding alone. There isn't a position for the switch on later models, which is why it's done through the DIS.

NHN knows best, and I'm sure he'll be able to activate it.

Awesome that's cool! That would be great if all I have to do is have it activated top this to have and easy I like it! Haha cheers

Cruise Control

Hi dan!

Sorry to be a pain but what do I need for the fog lights to activate as Corning lights or how do I know if I have it already lol.

Cheers

It's just another option you can tick in VCDS, literally one check box.
Basically, if you've got your lights on and you turn the wheel 90 degrees (so the flat bottom of the steering wheel is vertical) or more, then the fog light that is on the side you're turning will come on. As you straighten the wheel the fog light slowly fades out. It looks quite nice how it slowly dims out, rather than just going off.

Like I said before, I'm not sure how much it helps as the xenons are pretty bright and thanks to the long days at the moment I've not driven it in the dark of night, but it's a free option that I thought was worth a go.
There's also the option to de-activate them while in reverse, which I turned on as I thought I'll be looking backwards then anyway.

One thing I did have to do was buy some xenon look bulbs as the standard H11's looked very yellowy brown next to the headlights.

Getting HHA and TPMS activated in VCDS would be sweeeeeet!

What's hha?

Tpms should be awesome I can't wait to get mine activated lol. And the fog lights now some neat little mods that u just need to tick lol

Hill Hold Assist.

Awesome thank u sorry for being simple lol.

I've got hha tried it tonight works a treat!

Just tpms to go! Do u have a button or anything for that then?

Had a look on vcds and I can say that

1) cornering fog light function can be turned on through vcds
2) HHA can be done through vcds but you need the module first
3) tyre pressure monitoring system can also be done but not if you don't have the monitors activated

Had a look on vcds and I can say that

1) cornering fog light function can be turned on through vcds
2) HHA can be done through vcds but you need the module first
3) tyre pressure monitoring system can also be done but not if you don't have the monitors activated

Hi thanks for the reply the Corning fog lighs that's cool and easy! Hha I've got already so that's good!
The tpms what u mean te monitors activated how do I check or find that one out first cheers

Oh rite behind the valve so I would have to have the tyre off to see this then would I?

Awesome! Now just to find someone who can code this for me in the Cambridgeshire area in exchange for beer tokens... anyone...?:tumble: