Coming back to Audi

The `Stealers` really do live up to the nick name then!:motz:

You can have a laugh with it

"It's 250bhp sir"
"bhp or ps ?"
"err....practically the same thing sir"
"They're not though,are they.."

Watch the buggers squirm..

It would seem to me that the first rule of being a salesman should be to know your product better than the client,but this evidently doesn't apply to car salesmen.
CO2 is one I often catch them out on.
If they want to sell to company car buyers,they should know it off-pat.
None do.
I haven't come across one that knows it without having to check.

I`m supposed to be having the`4 hour` test drive in the new S3 when mine goes in for service middle of the month so will give this a try and see what the salesman knows!!!:) Cheers:icon_thumright: ...oh and sorry to hijack your thread nwhiteley.:sorry:

bowfer said:
I've got no doubt unscrupulous,or ignorant,salesmen use PS when the client expects to hear bhp.
They'll say "they're the same thing".
When you say a PS is 0.94 of a horsepower,it's easy to dismiss them as the same.
Once you multiply 0.94 by 250 though,you realise you're being 'robbed' of 15bhp !

That makes the 2.0TFSI 188bhp. No wonder its slower than my T4 then with the added drain from Quattro as well. I feel robbed;).

I think Bowfer's multiplier may be off slightly...

It is my understanding for instance that the S3 is 265PS/261BHP, which would make the multiplier, if such a think existed, more like .985.

Isn't the 2.0TFSI 200PS/197BHP? It certainly says that in my brochure.

Wes G said:
I`m supposed to be having the`4 hour` test drive in the new S3 when mine goes in for service middle of the month so will give this a try and see what the salesman knows!!!:) Cheers:icon_thumright: ...oh and sorry to hijack your thread nwhiteley.:sorry:

No problem mate, im just happy so many people have the time to give their views.

Another question, (perhaps this should be in the ICE section), is the RNS-E a DVD player as standard or does it require a DVD player to be plugged in to it?

It wont play dvd movies if thats what you mean. I dont know if it does with the TV module installed though.

I'm going looking at a 3.2 s-line dsg today, but, in the photo ad i have seen, there doesn't seem to be any gear change paddles on the steering column. Is this normal, as i thought all dsg's had the 'flappy paddles' to change gear?

nwhiteley said:
I'm going looking at a 3.2 s-line dsg today,

You could always look at mine;

Its on Pistonheads for £16995. I'll get the link and post it here.

Regards

Andy

Ok, i have left a deposit on one today......

2005 55 plate 3.2 sport manual in red with...

18" bbs alloys
rear park assist
cruise control

It says in the advert that it is misano, but i think it is probably brilliant red.
Could anyone tell me which it is and what is the difference between the two?

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...category=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200723288327340 ingore the 17" alloys bit in the advert

Red wasnt my first choice, but it was either....

Jan 2004 04 plate 3.2 DSG sport 27000 miles in akoya, for mine and £2600

or...

Sept 2005 55 plate 3.2 manual sport 22000 miles in red, for mine and £3000

The choice was easy.

Strange that 's the old model on a 55, should be a facelift. Looks nice though enjoy when it arrives. Good lads at Warrington, supplied my last 2 cars.

Mark

I picked up my A3 3.2 last Thursday, and its all gone tits up.

During my test drive of the car, the engine light was on illuminated, so the salesman said it was just a faulty sensor, and the part would arrive in a day or so. The new part was fitted, allegedly, and all was well. About a hour before i was due to pick the car up the light came back on, but they would fix it that day. Come 3pm on thursday last week i received the call saying it was ready to collect, so off i trot to the dealer, were i find out that there is only 1 key for the car and no hand book. By this time im getting very worried about the history of this car, but i was reassured that all the missing parts would be forwarded to me.
On the way home from the dealer, driving like miss Daisy (not used to the controls etc), the engine warning light comes back on. So im straight on the phone to the dealer and they arrange for the car to be picked and a hire car is organised.
This morning i recieved the call telling me my car is repaired, so off i go to pick up my car again. I didnt get 2 miles from the dealer and the light has come back on, but this time there is a rattle from the engine as the revs die down.
So again i ring the dealer, but this time i have told them i dont want the car back, and that i want to use their 30 day car exchange plan. At first they refused, saying that they would repair it for me. The mention of Trading standards telling me that i may be entitled to a full refund seemed to change thier minds. So, on Monday someone will call me to sort it for me.

Im one un-happy bunny.

Ah thats terrible mate. Feel for you. I know how dealers can mess you about, something similar happened to me. It was a lemon for sure and you do right to reject the car. But there is another Audi out there with your name on it believe me!

sat1983 said:
Ah thats terrible mate. Feel for you. I know how dealers can mess you about, something similar happened to me. It was a lemon for sure and you do right to reject the car. But there is another Audi out there with your name on it believe me!

I hope so, i really liked the car, i just hope it was a one off.

Try it and find out, some rave about the DSG, some don't. Phantom is a ****** to keep clean thou

nwhiteley said:
I picked up my A3 3.2 last Thursday, and its all gone tits up.

During my test drive of the car, the engine light was on illuminated, so the salesman said it was just a faulty sensor, and the part would arrive in a day or so. The new part was fitted, allegedly, and all was well. About a hour before i was due to pick the car up the light came back on, but they would fix it that day. Come 3pm on thursday last week i received the call saying it was ready to collect, so off i trot to the dealer, were i find out that there is only 1 key for the car and no hand book. By this time im getting very worried about the history of this car, but i was reassured that all the missing parts would be forwarded to me.
On the way home from the dealer, driving like miss Daisy (not used to the controls etc), the engine warning light comes back on. So im straight on the phone to the dealer and they arrange for the car to be picked and a hire car is organised.
This morning i recieved the call telling me my car is repaired, so off i go to pick up my car again. I didnt get 2 miles from the dealer and the light has come back on, but this time there is a rattle from the engine as the revs die down.
So again i ring the dealer, but this time i have told them i dont want the car back, and that i want to use their 30 day car exchange plan. At first they refused, saying that they would repair it for me. The mention of Trading standards telling me that i may be entitled to a full refund seemed to change thier minds. So, on Monday someone will call me to sort it for me.

Im one un-happy bunny.

Im finally getting somewhere, the dealers phoned me this afternoon to tell me that they have got me another car. Its a 2.0 turbo TFSI special edition in Akoya with Bose, centre arm rest, park assist, ipod connection and only 4 months old. Pick it up on Thursday.

Hope this will be the one!! Sounds good to me. Inspect it closely though as I had no end of trouble checking the cars they found for me.. Either scratched, someone had chucked lucozade on the rear carpets etc etc... They hated me at that dealer, and I hated them. I certainly wasn't going to spend £18kon a car I wasn't happy with.

sat1983 said:
Hope this will be the one!! Sounds good to me. Inspect it closely though as I had no end of trouble checking the cars they found for me.. Either scratched, someone had chucked lucozade on the rear carpets etc etc... They hated me at that dealer, and I hated them. I certainly wasn't going to spend £18kon a car I wasn't happy with.

Technically they didnt find this one, its their own demonstrator, so i think that i will be the first owner. The car is being PDIed on Monday, and, in the salemans own words, will be fully inspected and made mint. It will be in their own interests to make sure that the car is right, as this has gone on long enough. The hire car costs must be huge now.

Finally got it all sorted. This afternoon i picked up a Feb 2007 A3 2.0TFSI Special Edition in Akoya with a few extras. It cost me a bit more, but aleast the car right. It is imacculate, and while the colour wasnt my first choice, its growing on me. The car feels quicker than the 3.2 that i rejected, perhaps the problems with that car were affecting its performance.

Having driven the car for about 3 hours since i picked it up, (thats 2 hours more than i drove the 3.2 for in about 3 weeks), i can say i am very happy with it. The only problem i have is the road noise it produces. I hope that it is the new tryes that were fitted prior to collection.

Neil

*edit* i will post some pics as soon as it stops ******* down