1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comfortable seats - A4 B7(pre 2008) or B8(current model)

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by awudi, Jun 1, 2010.

1. awudi

awudi New Member

Hi guys,

Just joined the forum and have question already! Not sure if this is the right place to post so I hope it's moved appropriately by the mods.

I am keen on an A4 but I'm undecided as to which one to go for.

I am 5'11" and find that I get aches under my left thigh in my 1999 VW Golf 1.4E, therefore my main priority is seat comfort.

I would like to decide between either of the A4 saloons for driver comfort. Searched the forum but not found a direct answer.

I test drove an 07 A4 S-line and the ride was hard and uncomfortable - I picked that car because of the extendable underthigh support that only the S-line seems to have.

Does the new model (B8) in SE spec have comfortable/pain free seats without the thigh support? What about the B7? Is the driver's seat comfortable across the board with/without thigh support?

Very many thanks.

awudi.
  2. awudi

awudi New Member

I'll post this in both the B7 and B8 threads if anyone won't mind!
  3. awudi

awudi New Member

Help!
  4. Wrath

Wrath Active Member

I'm 6'5" and used to have a VW Golf Mk IV where the seats were comfortable. I then got a Seat Leon TDI Cupra which had relatively hard suspension and then progressed onto my TDI S-Line. Although the suspension is pretty similar, I find the seats very comfortable. The only issue I have is my left foot is a bit wide to use the footrest properly.

I am surprised you found the 07 uncomfortable, have you tried an SE? I don't know about the seats but the suspension will be softer.

As for the B8 I haven't a clue, I don't want to drive one as I'll cry when I get back into mine :)
  5. awudi

awudi New Member

Thanks Nathan, not tried the SE version yet. I only went by looking at the seat and it's underthigh extendable support. You're way taller than I am so maybe I should look again. I do get a sore left thigh and bum and I only noticed it when I started doing longer distances in my VW Golf Mk IV, never bothered me before then. Bothers me all the time now.

The S-line ride was hard and firm, I didn't like it. I love cars that drive well but I much prefer a supple ride.

TBH, the B8 seems a step down IMHO. The plastics and dials look a little cheap. Also looks cluttered like a Japanese car!

Been thinking about trying the seats in the Exeo - B7 rebadged as a Seat LOL!
  6. Wrath

Wrath Active Member

Yeah, give the SE a shot and see if that's better. I am quite a slim frame and fit cosily into the S-Line seats, I suppose if I was "better built" then it could be uncomfortable.

I'm kinda curious to see what the Seat is like, I know it doesn't sell well, probably because it isn't a looker.
  7. awudi

awudi New Member

Will give the SE a try. Audi is sooooooo stingy with specs! The S-line I drove didn't have an armrest for heaven's sake!
    Worried that I'll be stuck with the Exeo when the time comes for a change, If they ain't selling now, they won't be selling when they're 3-5 yrs old!
  8. Wrath

Wrath Active Member

The other thing to have in mind for the Exeo, is that Seat now have a new boss to try and get them to make a profit. He has 5 years to do this, failing that VW are likely to sell it. This will obviously affect the depreciation.
  9. awudi

awudi New Member

Thanks Nathan.

I've been thinking about that too. I read that article and thought about depreciation.

A mate of mine has advised me to buy a top spec car to help with resale values.

What's the highest spec you can get in the B7 or B8 A4 without getting the S-line? I assumed the S-line was the highest spec but just wondering if there's anything else that's loaded but without the hard ride?

Thanks again.
  10. awudi

awudi New Member

I just saw the new Technik spec which adds substantially to the SE (Milano leather, AMI, DVD Satnav, Parking system plus). Might just be what I might be looking for!

Pity it's 'new'. I wanna buy used!