Comfort items problem

Rocksta

Reaction score
Hi guys. Looking for some help

my Audi has been of the road for a few years but wanting to fix it.

I had the typical wiring broken in door shut issue which caused nothing to work on driver side door.

I have no replaced the wiring which has had no effect except now the passenger side window won't operate. I have also replaced the door lock motor on the driver side in case I had damaged that.

The central locking still works on all doors but the drivers side which is what makes me think it's not the comfort modual.

Any idea where to go next?

Has your car been stored outside, or even worse, under or around a tree?

I ask because plenums (one under the brake servo and one under the battery) can become clogged resulting in water retaining. Unchecked, if the water level gets high enough, this can leak into the cabin under the carpet and onto/into your comfort control module (which is under the passenger floor carpet) causing all sorts of exciting things and error codes to happen.

Personally my next check would be to pop the bonnet and check you don't have any water at all around the battery. If you do, drain it (you might be able to reach under from the battery side and poke your finger through the plenum under the brake servo, depending how big your hands are. You can only get at the one under the battery by removing the battery) then check the condition of the comfort module for water damage.

More info:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...wner-is-affected-by-this-common-fault.107241/