1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comeon, help a brotha out!

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by killthemusic, Nov 29, 2007.

1. killthemusic

killthemusic g-g-g-gear!

I posted earlier askin for ideas to get my newly purchased 2001 1.8t A4 goin in the right direction... it's only got 53k miles on it and it is in immaculate condition. I just got it tinted but I also want to lower it about an inch and a half and do some performance stuff. I was wondering what everyones suggestions were as far as chips.... GIAC, Neuspeed, or APR, or any others, or if anyone knows of any kits for intake, exhaust, and chip and tuning and whatnot. Honestly I really know nothing about cars, I just want to get this thing lookin and drivin even nicer, so give me all of your ideas! You know you want to. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

Sort out those indicators! Pretty certain i've read on a US site about a fairly easy 'clear corner' mod that allows you to drill into the back of the headlights and remove the ugly orange bit.
  3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Might be worth going over to Audizine and asking the same question, my opinion is GIAC seems to be the favorite over there
  4. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

If you are on a budget and providing you are on sport shocks you could drop in some H&R race springs to lower the car.

Chips as stated would be GIAC as a safe bet.

Exhaust you could go Bora. Miltex or custom as an option say using Magnaflow for one make.

Looks I would say have a look at the Photo section for some ideas.

Intake is a bit of a waste of money and stock works well.
  5. killthemusic

killthemusic g-g-g-gear!

cool deal, ive decided on the GIAC chip... and i think i might be going with a stasis suspension kit... i guess they give unreal handling and will bring it down a little. BlueThunder, any idea what that site was that showed how to get rid of the orange indicators? if you find it let me know, that would be awesome. And as far as an exhaust with a high flow cat, any good suggestions? are the Bora and Miltex? im not doin intake anymore, cause like you said docurly, stock is fine.
  6. Blue_Thunder

7. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Here you go.

8. Blue_Thunder

[​IMG]

Now that's more like it!
  9. Markey

Markey Active Member

Looking much much better :) very nice thats what you need to do follow docs guide to sort it.

I know neuspeed do a very good exhaust system over there but not sure about the sports cat.

There are some companies in the US that do sports cats i just can't remember who they are dappadan will know as we were looking at them at the same time.
  10. Blue_Thunder

I'm only a Photoshop noob, but I hope it gives you inspiration...
  11. killthemusic

killthemusic g-g-g-gear!

haha thats awesome guys, docurly thanks so much for the guide!!! ill be goin at that tomorrow. ill check out the neuspeed exhausts as well. aaaaand if anyone knows of anyone gettin rid of 2001-2002 s4 rims for ridiculously cheap, let me know. ;)
  12. Markey

Markey Active Member

Would not be able to tell :) any difference.
  13. killthemusic

killthemusic g-g-g-gear!

Hey, one more question, I'm ordering some h&r springs in the next couple days and I'm thinking of tackling the installation myself. Anyone know where theres a good online guide that could walk me through the process??