1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

colours

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by lankyboy101, Dec 14, 2004.

1. lankyboy101

lankyboy101 New Member

[Dec 14, 2004]
    I realy dont know what colour to go for when i get an audi i like Akoya silver, Dolphin grey or Ebony Black swaying slightly towards Dolphin grey. or any other favorites u suggest it would be intresting to see what colours people prefer.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. synthdood

synthdood Member

[Dec 14, 2004]
    Depends on the model.
    Personally I found that on the sportback the dark colours (black, dark greys) kind of spoilt the lines of the car. The 3 door is easier in that respect. Akoya seems to be a popular color for many people.
  4. sportback

sportback New Member

[Dec 14, 2004]
    I agree with synthdood that with a dark color the lines of the sportback are not that nice shown as with light color. Despite the fact that i ordered mine in ebony black. Liquid blue is nice too. (not in de car configurator, but it is in real)
  5. lankyboy101

lankyboy101 New Member

[Dec 14, 2004]
    larsa you got any pics of the car in liquid blue?
  6. Broadmarsh

Broadmarsh Member

[Dec 14, 2004]
    I always find that very dark colours need cleaning more often than colours like blue etc etc. I had a Golf GTI in black many years ago and swore never again. Still IMHO!

Peter
  7. Calibos

Calibos Member

[Dec 14, 2004]
    Brilliant Black for me. The most beautiful colour of them all.......if you are prepared to put in the work. Otherwise the biggest pain in the arse!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm prepared to wash it everyweek with a polish and wax every month, in fact not only am I prepared to do it, I enjoy it. The monthly 4-5 hour polish/waxing sessions are a great upperbody workout too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[​IMG]
  8. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

[Dec 14, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Calibos said:
    Brilliant Black for me. The most beautiful colour of them all.......if you are prepared to put in the work. Otherwise the biggest pain in the arse!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm prepared to wash it everyweek with a polish and wax every month, in fact not only am I prepared to do it, I enjoy it. The monthly 4-5 hour polish/waxing sessions are a great upperbody workout too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I too am a sado thats more than happy to spend far to much time on cleaning my car.

Gives me an excuse to get out of the house for a few hours...

Plus if you use a decent wax, personally I use Zymol Concours wax, then they stay quite clean for a while...

J.
  9. dorgan

dorgan Member

[Dec 14, 2004]
    Another ebony black car here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[​IMG]
  10. yak

yak Member

[Dec 14, 2004]
    Yeah, brilliant black here also. Needs cleaning all the time, but certainly worth it - when clean /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

- Yak
  11. imported_neilsafc2

imported_neilsafc2 Guest

[Dec 15, 2004]
    I have Moro Blue and when clean looks the business but can be a pain to keep clean, it looks almost black at the minute. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
  12. lb26

lb26 Member

[Dec 15, 2004]
    I really wanted black but had a black golf b4 it so i went for dolphin grey,no regrets really suits the car.
  13. imported_unkle

imported_unkle Guest

[Dec 16, 2004]
    Personal choice was Dolphin Grey, a really understated colour, I hate the chrome trim around the grill on my A3 but the grey colour lessens the impact of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif