Coloured products for light coloured cars?

JDM82

Reaction score
OK this might be a stupid post but Im finding it difficult to see where I've applied product on my liquid blue A4. Liquid blue is the very light baby blue colour.

I applied meg's liquid wax with my DA and I couldn't see if I missed any cause the product is almost clear and doesn't show up on the light paint.

I hope Im getting my point across cause its hard to explain.

Is there any coloured products such as liquid waxes, sealents etc that are coloured dark so you can see them applied onto light coloured paint?

People with white cars must have the same problem?

I have this problem on my Akoya Silver mate. I often wax her indoors in the dark with some spot lights pointing at the paint work, which bring up the haze marks from the wax.

Its easier to see the areas you have waxed under indirect sunlight. So either wax the car in an area away from direct sunlight, or wait until dusk when the light drops a little.

I have a liquid blue A3 and found that synthetic sealants, such as jeffs werkstat acrylic, give a far better finish on that colour. The paint looks a lot sharper and the sealant only takes 10-15mins to do the whole car. You'll struggle to get a real deep shine on liquid blue using a wax

As the guys have already mentioned if you can either do it out of direct sunlight so that you can look at the car panel at an angle to see where you have applied the product or if its a not so sunny day that helps.

Most products on the market although coloured in the bottle/tub will go on relatively clear - could be worth just doing two coats to ensure full coverage if your worried