1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

colour of grill

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by a4singh, May 17, 2007.

1. a4singh

a4singh Member

[May 17, 2007]
    hey all,

after a few suggestions, ive decided to spray the old grill (instead of this badgeless one i have now)... I've actually gone and sprayed the surround and the rings the same colour as my car (volcano black i think it is)... was wondering, the actual grill itself, shall i spray that or leave it the colour it is now?

:think:

all a bit confusing lol!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. s4mark

s4mark Member

[May 17, 2007]
    in my personal and proffesional opinion mate (i am a fully qualified paintsprayer), leave the inner part as it is. It can be quite hard to get the paint on nicely into all the grooves and slats of the inner grill and will stand out quite if there are dry edges etc as it is black.

if you fancied trying it you could. If after that you change your mind, you can always get a can of matt black plastic paint and repaint the inner grill again so it really is down to your personal preference.:icon_thumright:
  4. Phantom_A4

Phantom_A4 Member

[May 17, 2007]
    As mark said it is quite tricky, but i sprayed my grille and the outer parts Metallic black with no problems or bumps etc. you just need patience and a steady hand ;)
  5. a4singh

a4singh Member

[May 17, 2007]
    i looked at it, and put the rings on the inner part, really liked the look of it as it was. If i didnt like it, then i dont want to go thru the hassle of painting it again so ive decided im gonna leave it as it is, just the surround and the rings sprayed... im gonna put hte car up for sale on saturday so dont really fancy going to loads n loads of trouble... thanks tho for your opinions!