Colour DIS upgrade

MA3TDIQ

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to replace the red DIS screen for a colour DIS screen?

I have just installed an RNS-E radio and it seems to be functional with the red DIS. However as I have upgraded the navigation, I would also like to upgrade to a colour DIS.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Merry Christmas!

It never came in a full colour variant on the 8P. Either red or white (8P3 cars).

As it was never an option nor developed by Audi I'm guessing not. Your other choice would only be the white cluster like mine below.

img_5719-jpg.46204

That looks sweet-I see you have also made the rest of your dash white-eg temp on climate control etc.

Was it an expensive upgrade?

Also see u have upgraded your steering wheel with the s-sline badge-looks very nice.

My car is an 07 Audi a3 TDI 2.0 Quattro PD engine, with s line and Bose.

Strange thing is even though it's sline and has all the badges on the door frames and the outside-the steering wheel is standard.

Should this have been an sline steering wheel with a flat bottom?

I bought the car second hand..

Cheers

Since my car is a 2009, it comes already with the upgraded white cluster.

I added the flat bottom wheel and the climate control is from a Q3 but it won't fit in pre-facelift models (ie <2009). It does look awesome though.

climate2-png.46239

img_6884-jpg.46242

img_5695-jpg.46207

Reactions: badfelafel and S3DUST
That looks great mate :)

Since my car is a 2009, it comes already with the upgraded white cluster.

I added the flat bottom wheel and the climate control is from a Q3 but it won't fit in pre-facelift models (ie <2009). It does look awesome though.

climate2-png.46239

img_6884-jpg.46242

img_5695-jpg.46207

Reactions: Darren92
Indeed looks very nice-Mayb a stupid question but can the colour of the cluster be changed with coding? Or will the whole set lights need to be changed?

From red to white? A whole new cluster I'm afraid.

Hm-I suppose that would cost a fair whack-Mayb I should spend money on another mod-I'm thinking home coming lights through vagcom
Or reversing camera.
Or possibly dipping mirrors with reversing?

Reversing camera OEM style will cost you a bomb as you need a control module from a R8 and a 193 RNSE.

Dipping mirrors as in passenger mirror moves down? Isn't supported on the 8P.

You could start with led number plate lights, Audi originals, they look great.

Ah cool-that sounds nice-do you have any pictures of this?

How much would that set me back?

I'm considering doing the RVC after the new year but the parts are expensive, you're looking £200 at least for the control module then say another £150-200 for other parts needed.

This is a pic of the number plate lights, think I seen a thread on here relating to them.

IMG 1523

Darren the heater control mod is brilliant! How much did it cost you? I would imagine it's hard to find one aswell

Darren the heater control mod is brilliant! How much did it cost you? I would imagine it's hard to find one aswell

Got it from eBay de, q3 parts are scarce here so Germany was the only option. Can't remember exactly how much but was similar to this http://www.ebay.de/itm/Audi-Q3-Klim...489298640?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item27ed8f08d0 that's one without heated seat control but there are ones on there which accommodate heated seats.

It does need trimmed however as its slightly wider than the 8P unit. Once done it fits fine and is plug and play providing you're putting it in a 8P3 with factory digital climate control.

Nice one mate, that's my first purchase in the new year :D

Reactions: Darren92
The LED lights look very nice on your white a3! Is it easy to fit them? Just a case of replacing the bulbs for LEDs?

Would the LED lights for the Reg plate look nice on a black car? I have the black edition

The whole light unit is replaced for a "in-one" led fixing. Screw out your old light and screw in the new one.