1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

color separate picstures - Graphics people help!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RichA3Turbo, Apr 23, 2003.

1. RichA3Turbo

RichA3Turbo ...Watching you! Staff Member Moderator

I need to color separate (?) a few pictures for a brochure im produning for work. They have to be color separated to print. How do i do this? I've got Paint shop pro 6,a nd Photoshop 6.

Thanks

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  2. ColinM

ColinM Member

Use Photoshop and save them in IMAGE/MODE/CMYK then the printer will be able to pull off the colour seps from that (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and blacK). Look down the edge of a cornflake packet and see those colours in a registration area to see what they look like!

Make sure the Photoshop image is flattened (ie no layers or embedded fonts) before it goes to the printers else they might muck things up.

Hope that makes sense.

3. RichA3Turbo

[ QUOTE ]
    AL B said:
    Rich,

have you been drinking? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AL

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif Not this time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
  4. RichA3Turbo

[ QUOTE ]
    Colin M said:
    Use Photoshop and save them in IMAGE/MODE/CMYK then the printer will be able to pull off the colour seps from that (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and blacK). Look down the edge of a cornflake packet and see those colours in a registration area to see what they look like!

Make sure the Photoshop image is flattened (ie no layers or embedded fonts) before it goes to the printers else they might muck things up.

Hope that makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers Colin!!! I got it.

RIch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif