1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Collected today!

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by redbutcher, Dec 7, 2007.

1. redbutcher

redbutcher Member

I collected mine today and absolutely love it. The 100 mile drive home across the Dartford crossing and up the M11/A14 gave me a good chance to get used to it. The engine is soooo much better than the old 1.9 Tdi 105ps lump in my MkV Golf and the build quality is miles better. The engine is quieter, far more ummph and now I have xenons I don't think I could go back to non-xenons :).

I found the ride excellent with the S-Line suspension - it really grips the road with the larger rims compared to my Golf - I'd definitely say the ride is better than in my Golf which had 16" alloys and sport suspension.

The hand over was very smooth, I was collected from Bexley train station in a nice A4. Paperwork was all ready, a quick run through the main options and I was off with 1/2 tank of fuel (which wasn't bad I thought) and my litre of oil in the boot.

Too dark by the time I got home for pics, but next week I'll get some done once I've changed the DRL bulbs, sidelights and indicators. I've gone for PIAA bulbs for the DRL and sidelights and then Philips Silvervision for the indicators.

Hopefully my RNS-E will turn up next week so that will be fitted along with my Dension Gateway for my iPod.

Then I've got my Bluefin remap to add to the list as well - next week is going to be busy :).
  2. daveyjp

daveyjp Member

You used to get a full tank of fuel, I complained that it had been reduced and duly received the extra 25 or so litres!
  3. redbutcher

redbutcher Member

I suppose I could have complained, but decided against it as the dealer matched the £225 quote I got for gap insurance.

Here's a quick pic, more next week.

[​IMG]
  4. N8

N8 Kowalski Details

Looks fantastic red butcher, can't wait for mine now. Make sure you get good pictures when you install the indicator bulbs, you know one side orange the other silver etc :icon_thumright:
  5. Matt

Matt Active Member

Very nice, enjoy :thumbsup:
  6. redbutcher

redbutcher Member

Cheers Nathan - I'm really pleased with it.

Don't worry, I'll do some before and after pics so you can see the difference.

Thanks Matt - was going to go with Lava Grey, but very glad I went with the Phantom Black in the end.

Jon
  7. unkle

unkle Beer God

'Recommended On The Road' (R.O.T.R.) retail price includes:
    delivery charge, half tank of fuel and number plates at £575.00
    (inc. VAT), first registration fee at £50.00 and Road Fund License.
    Actual Road Fund License varies depending on model.

I always used to get a full tank but guess its changed now...
  8. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Looks lovely RB.