Collected my S3 FL!

Liam Miller

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

After 14 weeks of waiting I eventually picked up my Vegas Yellow S3 Facelift yesterday! Absolutely in love with it already, but I'm starting to feel an itch to start buying subtle mods. Any ideas to get me started?

Attachments

• IMG_0710.JPG
    IMG_0710.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 304
Reactions: THQuattro, Rob2k68, RSS-S3 and 19 others
Nice, but firstly some decent pics....:whip:

Reactions: Rob2k68, AudiNutta, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Hi Liam, car looks awesome. Hope you really enjoy driving it. Have a look in link below fir some subtle mods.

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/how-to-8v-mods-and-jobs.285837/page-3#post-2978653

Thanks! Still getting around on here, will start to use it more now that I have the car!

Nice, but firstly some decent pics....:whip:

I asked the dealership not to clean it so it's getting done properly tomorrow morning/afternoon, then I'll take my camera out to some decent locations... weather permitting

Reactions: Rob2k68, TDI-line, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Mine is away for 3 days for a polish and gtech ceramic coat blqck and getting a resonator delete

Reactions: Rob2k68, Liam Miller and way318
Nice, congrats!

Some mod ideas in terms of level of involvement (roughly):
- Quattro sill decals
- Mist washer jets
- Paint brake calipers red (if you don't already have them)
- Front splitter?

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Liam Miller
Mine is away for 3 days for a polish and gtech ceramic coat blqck and getting a resonator delete
I'm just going to polish and wax for the moment, got a holiday to pay off soon so it'll get ceramic coated just before the winter! Resonator Delete will happen eventually too

Nice, congrats!

Some mod ideas in terms of level of involvement (roughly):
- Quattro sill decals
- Mist washer jets
- Paint brake calipers red (if you don't already have them)
- Front splitter?
Mist washer jets will be a must I think, also a front splitter will be on the list (once I can find a decent one for the FL). Was also thinking of carbon mirror caps from Raywell Design, just nothing over the top for the moment

Reactions: Rob2k68 and azibux1
Have you not thought about the Audi carbon mirror caps?

Reactions: Rob2k68, Liam Miller and azibux1
Go for the resonantor delete, if you love it now you will never want to stop driving it with the res delete :D It takes the car to a new level.

Reactions: Liam Miller
Or carbon wrapping - much cheaper and reversible.:moneybag:

I paid £178 from an Audi dealer on eBay. Still reversible as you'll have the standard caps and 100 times better looking than carbon wrap.

Reactions: GregS3, Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Hey Guys,

After 14 weeks of waiting I eventually picked up my Vegas Yellow S3 Facelift yesterday! Absolutely in love with it already, but I'm starting to feel an itch to start buying subtle mods. Any ideas to get me started?

What alloys did you go for.. awesome by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What alloys did you go for.. awesome by the way

Just the standard 5 twin star spoke, looking at aftermarket in the next couple of months. A friend may be selling a set of 19" O.Z Ultraleggas so I'll try those on soon

Just the standard 5 twin star spoke, looking at aftermarket in the next couple of months. A friend may be selling a set of 19" O.Z Ultraleggas so I'll try those on soon

Best wheels in my opinion, best colour as well! Any more pictures? My S3 saloon in Vegas yellow is due to be built week 24.

Reactions: Milnesafc
Ultraleggara is a very very very good wheel. It's extremely light for a cast wheel, and looks good too... if you can get them at a bargain price they're well worth having;
IMG 1424

Don't forget though, there's plenty of others out there that would look ****** good on an S3, even a yellow one; ;)
IMG 4660

Oh, and if you're selling those standard 18"s, do give me a shout. I have a feeling that kerb rash is going to be a feature in my cars future.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Djs3saloon and Tom.H
Oh, and if you're selling those standard 18"s, do give me a shout. I have a feeling that kerb rash is going to be a feature in my cars future.

Is Mrs GSB going to be at the wheel then :grimacing::tonguewink:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Djs3saloon
Is Mrs GSB going to be at the wheel then :grimacing::tonguewink:
Mrs GSB is actually extremely competent, I'm thinking more of my own skill set! I took her to the London Rally School for a day a few years ago as we'd just bought a new mid engined car and she'd never driven anything rear wheel drive before. With a few minutes of tuition she was flat out in second and hanging the back end of an old RS2000 out on a slippery corner like Roger Clark in Kielder Forest. She has since successfully repeated the trick a few times in our MX5 and both our MR2's when they've become a little wayward on wet or diesel soaked roads. No mean feat as the MR2's were snappy little ********. She did touch a kerb the other day, but sadly, I'm usually the one who damages cars...

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Tom.H
Mrs GSB is actually extremely competent, I'm thinking more of my own skill set! I took her to the London Rally School for a day a few years ago as we'd just bought a new mid engined car and she'd never driven anything rear wheel drive before. With a few minutes of tuition she was flat out in second and hanging the back end of an old RS2000 out on a slippery corner like Roger Clark in Kielder Forest. She has since successfully repeated the trick a few times in our MX5 and both our MR2's when they've become a little wayward on wet or diesel soaked roads. No mean feat as the MR2's were snappy little ********. She did touch a kerb the other day, but sadly, I'm usually the one who damages cars...

Sounds like Mrs H could benefit from one of those courses! Definitely sounds like you've got a good one haha

Reactions: GSB and Rob2k68
Ultraleggara is a very very very good wheel. It's extremely light for a cast wheel, and looks good too... if you can get them at a bargain price they're well worth having;
View attachment 123387

Don't forget though, there's plenty of others out there that would look ****** good on an S3, even a yellow one; ;)
View attachment 123388

19" as standard on the saloon and they are forged not cast like the other wheel options on the S3 saloon so the best wheels IMO

Reactions: Rob2k68
19" as standard on the saloon and they are forged not cast like the other wheel options on the S3 saloon so the best wheels IMO

I thought we were taking about a hatch on stock 18's?

Ultralegga is a cast wheel, in all sizes. There are forged wheels that are a lb or two lighter per corner, but they're pricey.

Reactions: Rob2k68
I thought we were taking about a hatch on stock 18's?

Ultralegga is a cast wheel, in all sizes. There are forged wheels that are a lb or two lighter per corner, but they're pricey.

Sorry, I thought the car in the picture was a Saloon so assumed 19" wheels. Seems odd that the standard saloon wheels are forged and the option wheels cast though.

View attachment 123387

View attachment 123388

What is that app?! I've been looking for something other than Photoshop. If I get another set of wheels I'll be keeping the standard in case I ever get rid. :yes:

What is that app?! I've been looking for something other than Photoshop. If I get another set of wheels I'll be keeping the standard in case I ever get rid. :yes:
It's not an app, it's a very comprehensive sales website in the US that allows you to pick models and colours and then "try on" wheels from their catalogue. Sadly, it's limited to US market cars, and they only get the saloon in the US, so no hatches...

Www.tirerack.com