Coldplay X&Y

jediknight

Reaction score
Website
www.nathanwillits.com
Any other coldplay fans on here?

i managed to get a pre release version of the new album and its now playing away on my ipod while i tap my feet and bang the desk in my office.....(yes i dont have enough to do today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif )

anyway.... anyone else heard it???

fav song so far is #1 'Square One'

Lucky so and so

When's this being officially released? I am travelling to Italy on Monday (to get married) and would like to be able to listen to this one on the plane and the beach.

Cheers

Tim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Heard most of the tracks- love "Talk" as fav so far.

jedi- the version of Track 5 'Talk' you have is very different to the one I have, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

The lyrics and whole feel of the song is different with only a few things the same- imho mine is brilliant whereas one you have is just a mess. (not boasting, its the truth)

Hope they release my version on the album /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

can you email me your version? i actually really like the song but would be interested in hearing other versions.

where did you get yours?

be interested in seeing if the UK album has it on or not

ill send it when get home from work. Ive got yours on now and really don`t like it. None of that "oh brother" rubbish. mine sounds more like he is talking to a girl and on first few listens best song on album. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Google shows difference:

My lyrics http://www.anysonglyrics.com/lyrics/c/coldplay/Talk-Lyrics.htm

Under the great North star
Try to work out where you are
In the silence of the sea
I don't know where I'll be

In the future, in the past
Going nowhere... much too fast
When I go there, go with me
When I go there, go with me

Cause I don't know where I'm going and I wanna talk
I feel like I'm going where I've been before
And I wanna talk
Take a picture of
Something that you're not sure of
Bring it back to show to me
But I don't know what I see

In the future, find a home
Getting nowhere on your own
Got to find your missing piece

Cause you don't know were you're going and you wanna talk
You feel like you're going where you've been before
Nothing's really making any sense at all
You tell anyone who'll listen but you feel ignored

Let's talk
Let's talk
Do you wanna talk

I'm [unknown]
I'm trying to sing a song
In a language I don't speak

I tried but I can't get through
I'm trying to get to you
But you’re difficult to reach
Won't you talk to me

So you don't know were you're going and you wanna talk
You feel like you're going where you've been before
Let's talk
Let's talk

Yours: http://www.metrolyrics.com/lyrics/2147419800/Coldplay/Talk

Oh brother i cant, i cant get through.
I've been trying hard to reach you, cos i dont know what to do.

O brother i cant, i cant believe its true.
Im so scared about the future and i wanna talk to you.

Oh, i wanna talk to you.

You can take a picture of something you see. In the future, where will i be?

You could climb a ladder up to the sun, or write a song nobody has sung or do something thats never been done.

Are you lost or incomplete?
Do you feel like a puzzle you cant find your missing peice?

Tell me how you feel,
Well i fell like their talking in a language i dont speak.
And their talking it to me.

So you can take a picture of something you see. In the future, where will i be?

You could climb a ladder up to the sun, or write a song nobody has sung or do something thats never been done.

Do something thats never been done.

[long instrumental]

So you dont know where your going and you wanna talk. But you feel like your going where you've been before.
Is there anyone who listens but you feel ignored. And nothings really making any sense at all.

Let's talk,
Lets talk.

Lets talk,
Lets talk.

cool, i wonder which one they will actually go with then.

i look forward to getting it tonight.... dont forget now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
TIRO_S3

you got email

[/ QUOTE ]

Top bananna!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Am I the only person who has noticed that the first single is a very thinly disguised rehash of a single from the previous album?

Excellent elevator music. And I love the way Chris Martin gets so deeply into the music that he can't help but hop up and down. Powerful stuff.

jedi-knight i didn`t keep the link to my upload I sent you. Post it on here incase anyone else wants the studio version. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Ive been listening to yours and its not that bad but prefer the feel and tempo of the first.

For me on their own neither the oasis or coldplay album is up there with what they have produced in past but mixed up is good!!

Will keep about 2 or three from each album which are quality to add to playlists which already includes many b-sides and live versions etc.

[ QUOTE ]
so i see they have my version of 'talk' on the album. i have to say i actually prefer that version so im not too worried

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't know there were muso's here! I like where this is headed... am about to get a carillon pc with reason and cubase. Be interested to hear your stuff...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so i see they have my version of 'talk' on the album. i have to say i actually prefer that version so im not too worried

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't know there were muso's here! I like where this is headed... am about to get a carillon pc with reason and cubase. Be interested to hear your stuff...

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif seems you got the wrong end of the stick !!

But feel free to post your music on here, will be interested to hear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

nero 6 has a good connverter

i really like the coldplay album. its growing on me more and more.. the oasis one is also good though.

i do wish coldplay had pushed the boundries a bit more though