Cold side dv relocation

griswold

Reaction score
Is it a case of blanking off both holes in where bosch unit goes then t piece on cold side with twin piston dv? I also would t piece be 63mm inner diameter? Used searches but not much info apart from don't do it or ran one no problems, thanks.

Not trying to get anything from it but just thought I'd try it.
Recently put cone on after years of it sitting in a box in garage. Works fine.

Just something to do just wasn't sure if you blocked both holes and moved dv as kits only show 1 plug.

Disconnect the DV->charge pipe connection and move the connection so that it is after the intercooler, use the plug to plug the original connection in the charge pipe.

You still want the DV to drop boost into the TIP so you leave that connection alone hence there is no need for a second plug

I don't understand why you think you need to plug two holes?

If I remove the dv, it leaves 2 holes I'm fitting it on the other side of the engine by cutting the intake hose and fitting an alloy t piece.
So I plug the tip hole but what about the other one? Plug of feed elsewhere.
I'm not stupid but working at it.

So your planning to relocate to cold side AND fit a barry valve?

Just all seems a bit pointless.

If you want the barry valve install it in the stock position. All putting it on the cold side is going to do is make a mess of your engine bay, and leave you with a hacked up charge pipe when you realise the barry valve is **** and want to put a recirculating one back on.

You will need to run a hose from the valve once it's fitted onto the ic to throttle pipe. This extra hose will run down to one of the holes you have left in the stock location. You then blank off the other hole.

Twin piston doesn't work either as I discovered when I fitted the redundand one from my old RS Turbo for a laugh (it's designed for cars with a metering head). It just didn't work and would half dump before making a weird honking sound through the boost pipes. Relocating to the cold side is a good idea though as it will help prolong the life of the valve and move it closer to the throttle body. Audi, like many manufacturers, dropped a boob mounting it on the hot side of the intercooler so far from the throttle body. It has been common practice for years (on the occasions people run one at all) to resite to the cold side.