1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coils, plugs and Gasket replaced, but still a missfire?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by A3ster, Jan 9, 2013.

1. A3ster

A3ster Member

[Jan 9, 2013]
    1999 1.8T AGU. Driving the car then got an engine judder and sulphur smell, classic coil pack failure symptoms. Upon replacing coil pack noticed it was soaked in oil. So new gasket and spark plugs plus a new coil pack and the problem is there? I am guessing coil loom or Ignition module, without VAGCOM (the car is not really drivable and sitting at home) is there a way I can test the loom or ignition module? And if they are both OK would the next step be the injectors?

Just found this for testing the ignition module AudiWorld Tech Articles does anyone one if that covers my car?
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. A3ster

A3ster Member

[Jan 10, 2013]
    Turns out it was the ignition module. Tested the part and came up with no values on pin 2, so opened up the unit and the wire to pin 2 had come loose. So I tried soldering the wire back (which by the way is no thinker that 2 human hairs) but in the process managed to snap the wire off completely :banghead: so down to GSF for a new part (£56) and she now purrs like she should do :yum: