coilovers?!!?

joss

Reaction score
just went to order some jamex coilovers for my 95 a4 quattro saloon. phoned up to check i was getting the right one, only to be told that the part number no longer existed..tossers.
does anybody no the cheapest place to get some from..cheap is best.not bothered what make they are.
cheers joss

well they were selling them for £289 and i just found some on shitebay for about the same.waiting to confirm their the right ones.
joss

You'd do better fitting a respectable spring and damper package than cheap and cheerful coilovers. Personally for coilovers I would be looking to spend double that to get equipment worth bothering with.

cheap coilovers are way worse than good lowering spring and damper package.
don't do it unless you want to cut the springs off when the ring rusts to the threads

price is a big factor though as i'm on a very tight budget

dude offa shitebay says they've been discontinued now anyways.looks like i'm gonna have to spend more money or go second hand, if i can find some.
they fk ones are about 450 - 500 ain't they?
also how low can you go with springs and how much for springs and shocks?

joss

if you go with FK make sure you lube the crap out of the threads, best stuff is actuall soft wax like hair wax. keeps the grime out of the threads and is waterproof

I paid just over £400 for my FK Highsports and i'm very pleased with them.

were from dude?
ankor wax was recomended too.

I got mine from Venom Motorsport. They've been on for nearly 3 years and i've never waxed them :ermm: oops

gone up 85 notes in three years...tony flippin blairs fault that is.

Yea i think they were due to go up the week after i bought them. But that might of just been salesman speak.

is there any other cheap makes that do them for the quattro..?
bee looking most the day and can't find any

coilovers be ready for the hardest drive of your life. wouldnt know personally but people i know with coils on are ROCK hard

supersport do coilover kit about £400.00 for full kit adj from 20MM-80MM i think

I had spax springs on before i had coilovers and the ride on those was terrible compared to the coilovers.

do you know where i can get some supersport ones for a quattro
my car b4 this was a 64 beetle dropped 2 splines at the back with a 4 inch narrowed beam and dropped to the floor without dropped spindles so i'm used to a hard ride
023646.jpg

on my last car i had just springs ..............problem i found was it was very hard and not quite right. the problem is shockers are trying to travel more than what the springs are traveling

just sold the beetle.:crying:
madmotors do fk ones 455 or 425..can't figure out which one i need though?

europerformance.co.uk have 15% off FKs at the moment, they'll list which ones you'll need.

Decent ride running FKs I find. Not too stiff at all, very bareable day to day.

that bug looks the boobies. interesting thread..... im after some lowerage.. i was gonna go cheap coilies also.

ill keep reading...... as you were chaps. :)

europerformance.co.uk have 15% off FKs at the moment, they'll list which ones you'll need.

Decent ride running FKs I find. Not too stiff at all, very bareable day to day.

dunno which FKs you mean, but i run FK AK coilovers (the cheapest) and the ride is atrocious. it really is a huge compromise to go so low, so cheap - some mornings i hate getting in the car to get on my way to work, knowing i'm gonna have some fillings shaken out before i get to the a38 dual carriageway. it's ok on a-roads but around towns & villages it's a nightmare. still, they were only a shade over 200 when i got them (the kit) off german ebay a couple of years ago...

not these but this is a seller i'm using for some mk1 astra suspension...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190228910208 £227 delivered for a4 coilies. could not tell quattro/non-quattro though :-/

don't think it's for a quattro..can't understand a word of it to be honest

I haven't gone real low, just wanted some adjustment to get the wheels sitting where I wanted em. Didn't wanna go for springs and not be happy with the height. I run FK highsports, I think....

for the money your wanting to spend i'd seriously advise against buying coilovers

what exactly are you wanting from the upgrade?

for that money i'd be looking at a decent spring and damper kit

a low stiff car on cheap coilovers will almost certainly handle worse than a stock car on normal british roads. The shocks are usually set so hard that the wheel cannot respond to the road surface (thats why it feels so hard) which means that if your driving on rough tarmac (ie most uk roads) the wheel is not in contact with the road as it should be and you'll find understeer/oversteer/hedges/lampposts all becoming very familiar.

so, tell us what exactly you want from the car...

think i'm gonna buy the fk ones for £455 and i want it lowered so it don't look like the 90's 4X4 that it is. not gonna be that bothered about the handling as i don't drive fast as long as it ain't dangerous and stupid.
basically i want it as low as the wheels and the car will allow.
joss

spoke to the dude selling them and he said they don't make quattro ones no more..even though their advertising um..thick knobs.
right. i'm gonna order the fk highsports and see what there like.
EDIT: none in stock should be 10 days b4 sent out

do you know where i can get some supersport ones for a quattro
my car b4 this was a 64 beetle dropped 2 splines at the back with a 4 inch narrowed beam and dropped to the floor without dropped spindles so i'm used to a hard ride
023646.jpg

I'd have kept the bug.

I'd have kept the bug.

ha ha if only..needed a better daily..got a good three years daily use outta the beetle though
fk's ordered but price increase due to the euro so cost £490 delivered!!??!!