1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Harriet_M

Harriet_M New Member

Hello,

I am looking at lowering my Audi A3 1.6 special edition car. My wheel strut's are 50mm but will 55mm fit?

What are the best coilovers to be looking at getting?

Thanks

2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Welcome Harriet.

Give Damian@dpm a site sponsor a shout, as he is someone I recommend all suspension parts.

3. Harriet_M

Harriet_M New Member

Will do thanks

4. Sandra

Sandra Moderator Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 quattro s tronic Platinum Supporter

Welcome Harriet, as NHN has already said, Damian is the guy to talk to . Enjoy the forum. :) x

DPM Performance

5. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Just replied to your PM Harriet_M.

Thanks Nigel and Sandra!

Damian @ DPM Performance

6. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

My pleasure, never let me down & always gone out of your way to accommodate, so just recip :)

7. Audin

Audin New Member

I highly recommend DPM, Damian sorted me out recently and was brilliant!

8. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

I can only echo the above. I got my coilovers from Damian at DPM and the service was excellent.

After a lot of researching coilovers, I went for the AP's as they got very good reviews for the money and I can't fault them.

9. Joeeey

Joeeey S3

Ive just fitted AP coilovers to my s3. very happy with them, probs the best budget coilies you can buy! also dont fit the adjuster cups on the back... give u that little bit more of a drop! ;)

10. danone182

danone182 Member

Whats the ride comfort like on the AP's? I should of forked out a bit more on coilovers I think:yes:

11. Joeeey

Joeeey S3

good to say there wound all the way down, and compared to other cars ive been that are wound down

12. Audin

Audin New Member

My AP's arrived today, cannot wait to fit them.

13. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

Very impressed with mine, although I have had them on for a good few months now.

Never lowered a car before this and I was a bit reluctant as I'd heard that coilovers are harsh but my AP's are if anything, more comfortable than the standard Sport springs.

14. danone182

danone182 Member

I'll have to get saving then and get a set, might even get adjustable damping ones! I've got JOM's on, abit too harsh ride for me, but still good coilovers for the price!