1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coilovers scuppered by Audi insurance :(

RYes3 Sep 24, 2012

1. RYes3

RYes3 Active Member Team Nardo Audi RS3

Sat here about to hit buy on a set of KW coilovers when I decided it was probably best to check how much my insurance would rise by!

Wish I hadn't of bothered! Basically Audi insurance will cancel the policy if i do it!!

They cover no modifications other than factory options whatsoever!

I'm nearly halfway through the policy so looks like no mods until next year when I get a proper insurer! Grrrr!

2. Sidhu88

Sidhu88 Active Member

Gives u a chance to build up a nice set of mods ready and waiting for the car then.

Silver linings and all that...

3. RYes3

Read my mind! I just started a thread on doing just that!

4. N8

N8 Kowalski Details VCDS Map User

Exactly save it up.

5. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

They don't want anyone modding them because their cars are faultless :eyebrows:

6. RYes3

Lol, I told them that they aren't :)

7. thebluefox

thebluefox Active Member Team Sepang Audi S3

Didn't even realise Audi did insurance! Bar them not doing mods, are they any good? I guess its just underwritten by someone else?

8. RYes3

They are underwritten by Allianz. They were by far the best price quoted but to be honest I would have paid more elsewhere if I knew that I wouldn't be able to mod!

9. GNJ_Motorsport

GNJ_Motorsport Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

Just sent you a PM with some info on parts mate. The insurance is a pain but gives you chance to plan everything properly and know exactly what you are doing once you have sorted that problem.