A3 2.0 TDI SE
Reaction score
Coleraine, Coleraine, United Kingdom, United Kingd
Ok so I stupidly went last month and lowered my car with a set
Of cheap coilovers. Now when I drive it seems that the back has dropped
more/loosened. The whole experience of the drive now is
filled with a bumpy jiddery ride.

My plan now is to just take them out sell them on and replace them with
genuine Audi oem shocks and springs all round. Good/bad idea?

How low do you want your car? If you want serious lows invest in a higher quality kit which will make for a better ride. Also might be worth sitting in another members car who has mid range coilovers like Vmax, AP etc.

If you still think the ride is harsh go for some sport/s line shocks paired with eibach 50/40 springs or H&Rs

having read a number of posts on here :iagree: great advise

Cheerrs fellas, To be totally honest I dont think im a fan of the whole lowering thing anymore. that whole bouncy feel was only fun for a while IMO. :) what I'd like to do now is to just take out the coils and put standard shocks/springs back in to make it original again.

And on top of that I have a constant coolant issue that the coolant needing a refill ( 1pint each time) every 2-3weeks aswell as that my gear box seems to be ****-blocking 1st gear/ stiff/hard to get into 1st some times, feels like there is something blocking it. and now my worn brake pad lights have come on.

so yeah all money hi! :)

I have vmaxx wound half way down(sittin10mm off tyre on 18's)n ride is bit harsh on bumpy roads but if on main roads it's fine

Reactions: gkf9
If you still think the ride is harsh go for some sport/s line shocks paired with eibach 50/40 springs or H&Rs

Are the sport/s-line shocks the same? Can you or anybody else confirm this by checking the part numbers?

Hi mate

I'm in the same boat as you, i recently fitted V maxx coilovers and it has ruined the ride of my A3, bumping and crashing all over the shop. It's that bad that i actually hate driving the car now. I will be taking the V maxx off asap and probably going for springs instead.

I havent got the bentleys on N8, i'm on the standard 17's with the chunky tyres and the ride is still terrible. car bounces all over the place. TBH i'm thinking of selling up and going for an A4 instead, as having a 3 door and a 13 month old daughter just aint practical.

Is air ride comfortable?

I havent got the bentleys on N8, i'm on the standard 17's with the chunky tyres and the ride is still terrible. car bounces all over the place. TBH i'm thinking of selling up and going for an A4 instead, as having a 3 door and a 13 month old daughter just aint practical.

Is air ride comfortable?

Ah no worries. Well Karl has 20" Bentleys on his A4 and slammed on V-Maxx, its silky smooth to drive. Air ride is very comfortable.