1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coilovers on the way :)

cjsuk Sep 8, 2012

1. cjsuk

cjsuk Active Member

After the cock up a couple of weeks ago with the top mounts on the A3 (passenger side top thread split) I (with help from wonga lol) ordered a set of JOM Coilovers from Damien at dpm performance.

So the topmount replacement cost £192 in total lol (instead of £27 for the mounts n bearings)

They are due on monday and I feel like a child waiting for a new toy, plus I will get to change the passenger side topmount at last.

With the mot coming up on the 22nd I just wanted to get a few lill bits done and topmounts was one of them. Hopefully it will get through everythin else, but only time will tell.

I know Jom are budget but I have heard some good reviews (and bad). And for the cost it beats buying original new! Which is a brilliant excuse to tell our lass lol.

Anyway I will Keep you updated on the progress n take some piccys :)

2. shady-ninja

shady-ninja Active Member

i hate to spoil the party for you.
    i have JOM coilovers on my car and i i dont like them at all.
    its ok for the looks but the handling is rubbish with too much
    body roll than the standard sport shocks i had on the car from new.
    with JOM you cant chuck the car about. the ride is too soft.
    the car feels more like a skip.
    try chuking the car into a corner and might find yourself in a ditch.
    im gonna get rid of them and go for the Bilstien B12 kit with he Eibach sportline springs instead.

3. cjsuk

cjsuk Active Member

ooh that sounds a thrill, love to be kept on my toes, they are budget though im not expecting super sticky suspension.

4. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

LOL......Are you going to the conners day show today?

5. shady-ninja

shady-ninja Active Member

before the weather changes i will stick my JOM kit on ebay with a starting price of 99p onece ive put on my B12 kit.

6. cjsuk

cjsuk Active Member

Just finished work mate, I am going just for an hour though as our lass has sneakley booked an hotel in viva la brid for the night lol, ill try n find you lol.

7. cjsuk

cjsuk Active Member

Good stuff hope they go well, which they will as they are (clue coming up) BUDGET COILOVERS.

8. cecilthesausage

cecilthesausage ...It's Never Finished...

I have coilovers on mine.... Wish I never put them on....
    Sat rotting on my drive along with the S3...