Coilovers on my A3

Mehmet

Reaction score
Just fitted coilovers on my a3

brand new Joms....quite good coilovers...deffo worth it.

Let me know what you think
DSC00087.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

Let me know what you think....sorry about pics phone quality.

that looks great mate.

are those the £160ish blue JOM ones seen on ebay? what's the ride quality like at that height? I've now decided I want to go for coilovers to replace my current 50mm shocks/springs, it's just not low enough any more!

Yea mate i think its nice....and its not even all the way down...still like 30-25 mm to go....for the money its deffo worth it...i was suprised...it gets bouncy but not that much...just enough so i get a grin on my face :D

do you have a link for the ones you braught?
also do they improve the handling? and when you say bouncy how bouncy!

Not that bouncy at all....comparing to my mates mk3 with fk's....not that bouncy at all....and yea deffo does help handling.

I picked them off a guy on UK-MKIV's....but yea these are the ones on mine

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-Mk4-4...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item45eec95fe2

I mean if your not going serious track day....then what is the point of spending a fortune on coilovers when you are doing it for show?

Yeah think they look sweet, gives the A3 such a better stance when it's dropped, yours looks a similar height to my old A3 :)

hey dpm can you send me an pm about the coilovers. i have a a3 1.8t sreg
is it just back adjustables?

Front and back hight adjustment.

No damping settings.

Looking good! what's it like going over speed bumps? does it catch underneath at all?

Nope. But the single bumps are completly ********....with my old springs on..midbox kept getting cought...so i got that removed and put these coilovers on....not anyproblem..

Im thinking of raisin the back up quite a bit to get the nose down look....who thinks i should?

don't do it, just take the front down more!!!

My A3 on weitec shocks N springs is much lower at the front than the back, and I want to change to coilovers to level it out!

If i go any lower in the front ill have to get new arb....if i get longer drop link would that sort it out?...just to go like another 10-15mm

some people say the drop links work, others don't.

You're best off fitting a set of ARB's anyway, they make such a massive difference.