Coilovers for a quattro

brownie 25

Reaction score
Hi all is there a difference between Quattro and fwd coilovers,I'm buying a set online and it doesn't say if they will fit,its a 2007 a4 2.0 tfsi quattro
cheers

Hi all is there a difference between Quattro and fwd coilovers,I'm buying a set online and it doesn't say if they will fit,its a 2007 a4 2.0 tfsi quattro
cheers

Yes, the dampers and springs are weight specific. Other than that I don't think they are any different. I could be wrong.

If its just dampening etc i'd just get them as coilovers are adjustable to any ride height you want anyway.

hi damian i was looking at a set of jom coilovers are the the same for quattro and fwd

so i bit the bullet and ordered a set of coilovers and 15mm spacers for the back, i will putting 10mm spacers up front aswell,all this started when i found a cheap set of Lamborghini Gallardo replica wheels for sale, lol i will have to stay away from internet sites for a while.

Reactions: TOTE
the supplier i used said he contacted his supplier in Germany and the ones he stocks will suit, fingers crossed

the jom ones that i ordered are 250 euro i went with the cheap option because i plan on selling the car and buying a diesel, why do you ask

Just wondering, if you were keeping it would be worth going a bit more like AP's etc. But if you're selling up then i would stick with the joms!

So I started fitting the coilovers today any wouldn't you know after fitting the drivers rear the heavens opened so Mother's Day is canceled tomorrow lol, I was wondering would I be better off leaving the original shocks in the back and just using the new springs,obviously the audi shocks would be better quality than what came with the kit??

Not so sure that's a good idea, dampening rates are usually matched to the springs and there might be differences in overall length of the shock and or travel of the shock. In saying that though it could be worth a try but remember your Audi shocks have probably done a fair mileage on them so although better quality when new are they still as good now?? To save any future hassles I'd just change them.

Ya I will be changing them any way,what I noticed was it was much easier to push the technix shock down by hand than my audi one that's where my original thought came from,I'll soon find out how they are

And there in at last lol who said it would take about 5 hours?i will be playing with the ride height for a while to get it where I want it.i have a 8j et 55 with 15 mm spacers on the back and I'm getting a bit of rubbing,with the spacers my et is 40 right ? I've heard of lads with 19s and a off set of 35,am I missing something or amI just to low