1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coilovers fitted -knocking from back

g60leigh Mar 21, 2008

1. g60leigh

g60leigh Well-Known Member

I have had my coilovers fitted while I was away on holiday, I have got my car back and have a loud clunk/knock sound from rear as driving along whenever I hit small bumps etc.
    I think it could be one of 2 things:
    1)Top mounts gone - although the garage says they seemed fine before they were re-installed
    2)Bump Stops - I think they may have put the originals in as well as the new ones from coilovers and it is bottoming out on them.

I was planning and have a look today but do not have a garage and have torrential rain and high winds.. not fun!

They will look at it for me but earliest is next saturday

anyone got any other suggestions?:hi:

2. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Well-Known Member

Damping set too soft?

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

Top mounts. they always do it on coil overs. I ended up having to washer it up to stop it
    Its something to do with the piston rod size against the size of the step where the mount goes....... I think that makes sense

4. g60leigh

going in tomorrow to get sorted, will let you know what it was/is

5. g60leigh

That is exactly what it was, cheers mate

6. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

If only i could fix my car so easily,lol. No problem matey its what we are all here for,sharing knowledge

7. PaulJC84

PaulJC84 Owner

You got some pics for the new look?

8. g60leigh

not yet, I am trying to be sensible

I am slightly lower at the minute allowing it all to bed in as I have heard they drop as they settle

then will lower it more
    I will clean it :scared2: then take some pics later