1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coilovers don't fit

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by pwilliamson1991, Oct 12, 2013.

1. pwilliamson1991

pwilliamson1991 Member

So I bought myself some coilovers.... and the front ones don't fit. Can anyone tell me the front strut diameter of a 2005 sportback..... the coilovers I have are 55mm and they don't fit. Business I bought them of said "Yea they'll fit". I now have the coilovers in the rear of the car and standard in the front. Complete nightmare..
  2. Kaibo

Kaibo Member

Can you not check the circumference with a piece of string, least you'll know if they match the ones you have removed. I know mine are 55 as I fitted my coilovers this morning, all I can say is they're a Damn tight fit, try driving a wedge down the split in the hub, that's what I had to do. Good luck.

Kai
  3. pwilliamson1991

pwilliamson1991 Member

Cheers for the reply Kai, I done this. It appears they are 50mm.... which is great. The company I bought them off better take take them back as they told me they'd fit. They have a few scratchs on them though especially on the nuts. fingers crossed.
  4. Kaibo

Kaibo Member

Some come with adaptors, basically goes around the bottom of the shock to make it 55, might be worth asking. I assumed when you said they didn't fit you meant they were too big, not too small. Good luck getting it sorted.

Cheers Kai