Coilovers - Any advice?

Simonutd

Reaction score
My A4 Quattro 2.8 V6 failed an MOT on a broken front spring apparently you can only get them from Audi and there £144 each (I have searched the internet with the colour dots and that seems about right) and as your supposed to change them both that's going to add up. Also one of the back ones is the wrong one and the level at the back is off. so I have taken the decision to put on a set of coilovers. I have had a look and I have no idea what make is good or better, I have seen TA Technix, FK AK, ST Sport, V-Maxx, LO Sports, AP and a few other in my budget. I have no idea about which to go for, anyone have any advice or used any of them brands or know of another I have around £600 which I know isn't a great deal,

I did think of that, but as I have a van that I use all the time and this is turning into a project car that I use to upset the boy racers in there new shine cars with loud exhausts and no power it funny seeing there little face trying to impress the girlfriend then failing. I have done all the arms already put better brakes on all round and this was something I was going to do anyway just later in the year, to be honest I done think I can be hassled to take all this off and put it back on again twice so I might as well just do it now and get it done and slightly lowered,

Go for Eibach pro sport kit springs. They give a nice stance and are very good coupled with OEM sport shocks.

Reactions: Gazwould
Had Eibach and on the AP coilovers now. The AP's are pretty acceptable for a budget coilover. Depends what you want though.

In my opinion the AP's are better for road holding and handling but the huge trade off is the comfort. If you still want to drive the car normally and negotiate crap roads with speed bumps go Eibach and decent OE dampers

Given your budget, you can probably get a set of Bilstein B12's from Germany.

These have Bilstein B6 dampers and Eibach Pro-kit springs together in one package.

Pro-street S does also seem like a viable option, but i've no idea what they're like in terms of comfort etc.