1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coilovers abs light

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by audi-tk, Mar 18, 2011.

1. audi-tk

audi-tk Member

Since I've had my coilovers fitted the abs light has been on. Has any1 had this problem? They are Jamex ones lowered 45mm thanks

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

You've done something wrong mate :p

People often knock a sensor, or don't clip the wires in and they get stuck between the wheel and strut and get ripped off.
    Also, how's you're tracking? Of
    It's MILES out then that cam trigger abs light too

4. audi-tk

audi-tk Member

got it done at a garage mate and tey didnt know.also used a snap on fault checker there and it didnt come up with anything need help asap lol

5. DenCar

DenCar Member

Had my Coil Overs fitted a week ago and on Thursday i got the dash ABS light come on, read code and it pointed to front left side wheel sensor, posted on here for help and got reply from sandip as follows:

"Remove the wheel, behind the disc there's a sensor which reads wheel speed off pulse/magnetism, check the connection is ok first, it's more than likely that there's some dirt between the sensor and the abs ring (metal bit with holes in it), spray some brake cleaner inbetween the sensor and abs ring to clean the face of the sensor

Clear the faults go for a drive and see if it comes back on, if it does then it could be the sensor that needs replacing".

Not looked at this yet, as im dealing with another issue, dont you just love these cars!! Hope this helps.

DC

6. audi-tk

audi-tk Member

thanks will do that