1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coilover range fitment

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by glenandem, Sep 16, 2013.

1. glenandem

glenandem Member

[Sep 16, 2013]
    are the kits for saloons same as avants and which model passat fit the b6 a4, ive seen a kit off a 05 b6 passat with same engine etc at a good price but not sure whether theylll fit?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. AlexGSi2000

AlexGSi2000 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Sep 17, 2013]
    They may possibly fit, however dont quote me on this.
    One other important factor is that the kits are made to the specification / weight of the car - the passat coilovers may fit, but may not be sprung for the correct weight.

If you dont drive your car "hard" then you will probably get away with it, but if you do and the suspension is oversprung and not damped correctly it could spell disaster if your giving it the beans on a country road for example.
  4. glenandem

glenandem Member

[Sep 17, 2013]
    your right pal i know that springs are rated to weight of engine etc but this passat has exactly same 1.9 engine and chassis is an avant too but not sure if b6 passat is same as b6 a4 as i know they share pretty much same components in many places!