1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coilover help.

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by floyd 1.8 turbo, Jun 9, 2009.

1. floyd 1.8 turbo

floyd 1.8 turbo Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre

I'm looking at getting some coilovers for my 98 plate b5 1.8ts. Can someone please recommend some that aren't mega expensive. Would like to spend around £300 but still get semi decent ones
    Thanks in advance
  2. jonnya

jonnya Member

Like everything, you get what you pay for. For 300, I don't think you will get much.
    Save up a bit more and KW or H&R. I went cheap(ish) with Vogtland and they are not
    that good to be honest.
  3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It all depends what you want the coilies for, if its just to slam it without care of the ride or handling, then Vmaxx or similar would suffice. If you want a decent level of adjustment and control then you get what you pay for sadly

My old Vmaxx were stiffer than OE, slightly underdamped IMHO but i could adjust them till the car wouldnt move. They were certainly as good as the old blown FKs that were on there
  4. DPM

DPM Site Sponsor Site Sponsor

As said, you get what you pay for really.

We can do the JOM coilovers for £329, the V-Maxx for £449 or the Weitec for £565.20.

Damian @ DPM
  5. Geeman

Geeman Low Life

I'm quite happy with my cheapy-cheap ones I have on my Sport. A bit hard, but nothing too bad at all.